Reviews (3 585)
3 585 results
2 693
2 693
All reviews seaside restaurant bali beds sports bar martini bar corner suite rooftop jacuzzi sky view suite punta cana swim up suite construction workers family section beautiful resort adult section marketplace buffet dominican night foam party steak
931 - 936 of 3 585 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After a 9 hour flight, we arrived at the hotel around 7 pm. Although we were the only ones who arrived, check in was very slow (more than 1 hour). Our butler Carlos then came to show us to our room. When I booked, I asked for a room on a higher floor and with a kingsize bed. Carlos showed us the room: on the groundfloor with 2 small beds. We found that the room had a weird smell and that it felt really humid. I told Carlos that we had asked for a room on a higher floor and a kingsize bed but he said that the hotel was fully booked and we couldn't change. Because we were too tired, we didn't argue. Because of the smell and the bedsheets that were very humid, we didn't sleep well. The next morning, water was coming up the bathtub and also from a drain in the floor. After a couple of minutes, half the bathroom was floating in water. We went to Guest Services and they said they would send somebody to fix it. I immediately told them that we wouldn't want to stay in that room because of the discusting smell and the drain problem. The people at Guest services were very rude and asked us who our butler was. I told them it was Carlos and they said they had to call him to help us. In the next hours, we spoke to 6 different persons. Every time they said we had to wait. Our butler Carlos was non existent, we hadn't seen him since the evening before although he was supposed to be helping us. Around 4 pm I was so angry that I told the lady at Guest services that if the problem wasn't solved immediately, she had to call the General Manager. And a miracle happened, 10 minutes later, they showed us another room on the 3rd floor and we finally moved. I guess they wanted to avoid me speaking to the General Manager. One of the employees also told me that there had been problems in the past with the room that we initially got because of plumbing issues. When we passed the room that evening, we saw that other people were already staying there...
Our new room didn't have such a bad smell but unfortunalety also had humidity issues. I think all rooms at the Mirage have that problem.
We got a new butler Nathanael. He was very polite and checked every day if we needed anything. He even surprised us with cake and balloons, filled the hot tub on our wedding anniversary. The minibar was never (not once) restocked by the person who was in charge but Nathanael always took care of it. We found that a lot of the employees in the restaurants and bars don't speak English very well. Bar service at the pool is also very slow because there is only one bartender. Around the pool and beach it is best that you go and get your own drinks, there is almost no service. Most of the time, the waiters pass you but they never ask if you want a drink. Maybe if I you wave with enough dollars...
Because we were staying in the Mirage club (adults only), I expected more of the restaurants only to be for adults, but nearly every restaurant was open for children.
The food was ok, but nothing special. The breakfast and lunch buffet near the seaside has a nice view but the food selection is always the same. After a few days we went to have lunch at the main buffet, there they have a larger selection. I saw in previous reviews that the food was very good at the Mirage, and that is also one of the reasons I booked the hotel, but we were very dissapointed. Dining at Kabuki, the Japanese restaurant was also very dissapointing, although lots of people found that to be one the best restaurants. I guess we are probably too spoiled having stayed at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro for several years. So having said that, we will probably not stay at the Mirage any time soon again. I wouldn't rate this hotel 5 stars, we even stayed in better 4 star hotels. I would only like to thank our butler Nathanael because he did a wonderful job, and also Danelis in the main buffet for taking such great care for us.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Cindy A
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Mirage Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Cindy A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It thrills me to read that you received a very friendly and attentive service from Nathanael and it is a pleasure to see that you appreciated him during your time with us.

In regards to the room request, we would like to kindly inform you that room requests such as bedding and location are subject to availability at the time of arrival and are not guaranteed. While we always try our best to accommodate our guests, we cannot always provide them with the room for which they are hoping.

We would like to also extend to you our apology for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay due to the level of service you received from our staff members. We strive to provide for our guests an exceptional experience in our resort through the hard work and know-how of our associates. It is very important to us that every guest receives this star treatment from our staff and we are sorry to hear you didn't feel you were treated in this manner.

We have also specifically noted your comments regarding your food experience. Please be assured that we take this matter very seriously and is of paramount importance to us as we strive to offer a wide option of restaurants with different variety for our guest’s satisfaction.

As our web page states, Majestic Mirage is more adults’ oriented, with five buildings especially designed for our guests over 18+years old, however, it also had two buildings dedicated for families with children. All guests in both, Adults Only and Family Section buildings will be indulged and treated to the Majestic supreme amenities and facilities such as VIP lounges, Butler service, In room dining, A la carte restaurants, Entertainment with live music, Premium drink selection, etc. These services will be available to all guests regardless of room location. However, we are sorry for any misinformation in this matter.

We greatly value the voice of each of our guests and put a great deal of effort into establishing effective steps for constant development and progress. All your comments will be carefully analyzed to take the appropriate corrective actions in each case and we appreciate this opportunity you have given us to improve.

I understand that we cannot undo your experience, however I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Just returned from the Majestic Mirage. It is a beautiful new resort with a great stretch of beach. But - you don't always get what you pay for. We upgraded to a swim up pool suite room thinking we would be looking at one of the pools of the resort. Instead, we had a canal outside our room, which you could get wet in but it did not lead to a pool. Instead, it had a tall metal fence, service road, and a concrete jungle behind it. Also, the only spot that we had troubles with getting bit by bugs. Staff from next door resort congregating behind the fence in plain sight. Constant noise of service trucks right behind your stream of water. They need to separate out theses room categories. A swim up pool room facing the interior is a much better experience than a swim up room facing the exterior. Extremely disappointed in the different levels paying the same price. I emailed the resort prior to our arrival asking for an interior facing room. I understand they can't guarantee it but they did not even try and fulfill it. We arrived with a larger group. Four rooms in our party, who checked in behind us and did not email in advance, were given interior rooms, we were not. When I went back to the front desk to ask for an interior room, they lied and said my request was not granted because none were available. I called their bluff and said 4 parties of people who checked in behind us were given the interior view. To make matters worse, we were given a room across from the elevator and because it was on the end, exterior facing, it didn't really even face a pool/canal/stream. I didn't leave the desk, the front end staff finally gave me a room in another building, not interior facing but at least not across from the elevator. Just make sure you look at a resort map when you check in. They really don't look at requests made ahead of time and a swim up pool suite is not worth it if it is exterior facing.
Rooms are new and very nice. Beds were extremely comfortable and the contents of the mini fridge were plentiful. They had both a coffee maker and an expresso machine. Impressive. Shower pressure was good and hair dryer could actually dry.
Beach was beautiful. And a bonus of this resort is the amount of room you had on the beach. You did not feel you were stacked on top of other guests. A walk down the beach shows people who were really crowded in with their beach chairs.
The pool was gorgeous and very clean. The whole resort was well maintained and clean.
Service - similar to front desk service - could be improved upon. I don't know if there was a language barrier with all of the English speaking guests but even those who could speak Spanish had a hard time getting staff to respond to requests. Service was slow - I don't know if they just didn't understand food or drink orders placed - but they would just blow off some orders of food and drink. It was really weird. And I do understand, you are in a foreign country, you have to adapt to their language, but even people who spoke to them in Spanish had difficulties. Our housekeeper was super sweet but we couldn't communicate at all. Our butler had good communication skills but he was covering so many rooms that he would promise to get us things and then we would never hear from him. Lots of promises but non fulfilled. I know the resort was at full capacity and they were stretched thin but maybe at these busier times it would be worthwhile to add staff. Bartenders were hit or miss but William was awesome.
Great physical attributes of this resort but need to work on the people who are interacting with the guests. Need to separate out room categories to decrease misconceptions of what your are reserving.

Room Tip: Exterior swim up suite is not to a pool, it is to a stream of water.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
8  Thank 2thebeachMinnesota
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Mirage Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear 2thebeachMinnesota,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our resort and that you appreciated our beautiful beach, nice pool areas, fantastic grounds.

However, we truly regret that you didn't find your room location to your satisfaction. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

We would like to kindly mention that room requests such as location and bedding type are subject to availability and not guarantee; even so, our teams always try their best to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible.

We also are very sorry to know that the level of English proficiency was not to your satisfaction. We would like to assure you that we do provide continuous English courses to our associates throughout the entire resort.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back. Please let us know when you're booking your next visit so we can be ready to give you a warm, Majestic welcome.

Lisbeth Aponte

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have previously stayed at the sister hotels, The Majestic Colonial and the Majestic Elegance. This hotel is much the same set up as the other two although the rooms are much nicer. Our room was a one bedroom suite on the second floor. Sliding French doors separated the living area from the spacious master bedroom which has a full bath with soaker tub, double sink vanity and patio doors to a large balcony with a Jacuzzi. The only issue we had with the room is that they were very musky smelling and it just never went away. Otherwise, beautiful rooms with ample space and modern décor.
The staff for the most part was very friendly and helpful. Some of the staff at the buffet stations I thought could have been a bit friendlier, but not sure if it's just a language barrier. Our butler, Reynaldo, was super. He set us up on What's Up and any problems or questions we just messaged him and everything got resolved very quickly.
The food for the most part was very good. The a la carte restaurants were very good with the exception of the French which was a huge disappointment. Not only did we not understand anything on the menu, but the food was absolutely terrible. We had something for dessert that smelled of ashes, literally. We went back to the buffet to eat that night as we were all starving after dining there. Do not recommend it, they should get back to basic French cuisine in that restaurant.
The steakhouse and Italian were very good. The service in the Italian could have been a little quicker but hey we're on vacation, and time we do have. The buffet was good but the service slow at the cooking stations and definite issues with language barrier.
The beach area was very clean with plenty of bali beds and palapas but I found it too congested. Not much room to move around. I think they could use less palapas in the beach area and give more room to lounge chairs.
Nightly entertainment was by far some of the best I've seen in Punta Cana. We enjoyed our coffee from the coffee bar in the evening and watched the shows under the stars.
Pools were large and clean. They offered aqua gym and jump sport as well as paddle board exercise classes by/in the pool. All were fun and terrific. I was disappointed I didn't get a chance to try the water spin class. There were limited bikes available each time. The gym itself had very up to date equipment and offered yoga, pilates and spin classes as well as free weights and machines.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank NatalieLuvTennis

Dear NatalieLuvTennis,

We are so grateful that you took the time to write about your recent experience at our resort.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our beautiful beach, nice pool areas, fun entertainment and that you had a good experience at our restaurants throughout the resort.

We are honored that you also mentioned your butler Reynaldo and we will let him know that you appreciated his service.

We believe that the only way to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for is by listening carefully to the criticism, comments and suggestions of our guests. All your comments will be carefully analyzed to take the appropriate corrective actions in each case and we appreciate this opportunity you have given us to improve.

We would very much enjoy the opportunity of welcoming you back and making your next stay absolutely Majestic.

Lisbeth Aponte

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We traveled to Punta Cana for a second stay at Majestic Resorts, after our first experience was so good in 2015 Unfortunately, the law of averages caught up with us on this trip & our stay at Majestic Mirage was one I'd like to forget. The resort itself was absolutely beautiful, and the service and accommodations were also worthy of the 5-star rating. However, out of the 8 people in our group, three of us came down with "something" that resulted in multiple days of vacation not being vacation. In fact, it wasn't until I got home & went to the Doctor that I found out what I had contracted ..... e.Coli. How in the world does a resort of this caliber manage to find a way to expose their guests to something like this? Pretty bummed that a week long vacation in such a beautiful spot had to result in 4 days of my stay being anything but enjoyable, and having to continue to fight through the illness upon my return home. Sorry Majestic - we won't be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bontz B
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Mirage Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Bontz B,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Here at Majestic Resorts, customer health and safety is absolute priority. We have contracts with several internationally recognized food audit and quality control companies that do regular inspections and audits of our Food and Beverage Departments. These companies check to ensure that our processes follow correct food-handling procedures as well as verifying that our water supply is sanitary. HS Consulting, one of the internationally recognized companies we are in a contract with, signs off on our kitchens and food procedures as having a ¨high standard¨ of hygiene. We strive to follow every rule, procedure and method possible to ensure the health and sanitation of the food and beverages we serve to our guests.

Please allow me to inform you that we have a Guest Services Department which operates from 7 am – 11 pm in order to assist our guest while they are in-house. Unfortunately, we were not aware of this inconveniences that you and your group were having. We have checked our records as well as the Medical reports and found that there was no complaint filed or visit from any of your group during your stay. We would have welcomed being informed on how you all felt during your stay which would have allowed us to find a more meaningful and timely solutions in correcting these matters.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments as it is mainly through guest comments that we become aware of improvements that can be made and this constantly drives us to excellence.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic trip here. We felt from reviews prior to our trip that the Majestic Mirage matched what we were looking for with a great beach, great food and great rooms. All these areas were 10 out of 10’s for us. Punta Cana was a great choice and we’ve been to many of the Caribbean Islands. We stayed in room 5412 and it had an ocean view and a sky top patio which we enjoyed. This was the best all inclusive experience that we have had in over 10 different trips. No need to hesitate.

Our house keeper Belkis really made our room experience top notch. She was friendly and our room was cleaned and as if we just checked in every time we returned after a day at the beautiful white sand beach.

Have a great trip!

Jordan

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jordan198133
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Mirage Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Jordan198133,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words and for taking the time to tell the TripAdvisor community about your stay.

It is a pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities and excellent service from our entire team, who are always focused on providing the best care.

Your comments encourage us to keep giving the best of us, since it is proof that we are achieving our main goal which is to make the best of all our guests vacations.

We will be here, waiting for your next holiday in Majestic Mirage to, once again, make your vacation the very best.