Reviews (7 528)
4 259
2 108
4 259
2 108
All reviews punta cana la marimba lobby bar star rock cafe steak dominican republic star friends seafood the oriental restaurant specialty restaurants apple vacations guest services saona island junior suite make reservations entertainment staff evening shows
285 - 290 of 7 528 reviews
Reviewed 28 August 2017

we went with a group of 62 and had an excellent time. they took care of us from the time we arrived till we left. the staff is so friendly and helpful. the food was great and the resort was beautiful. definitely will return .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Janee H
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Punta Cana.

We are glad to know that you and the entire group had a great time during your stay with us. Thanks for highlighting the food, the friendliness of our staff and the beautiful premises.

It will be a pleasure welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My wife, toddler and I stayed at Iberostar Punta Cana in August and it was fantastic. This was our first trip with our nearly 2 year old so it was a bit of a challenge at times, but we came back home rested and happy. It was exactly what we needed. Many of the bad reviews I read make me roll my eyes now that I've spent a week at this place. Either these people have experienced isolated incidents or their expectations are unrealistically high. This resort was lovely.

First, I need to commend the staff. They were wonderful and friendly, especially the restaurant staff. I want to specifically mention Vanessa at the buffet restaurant. She took such great care of us and treated our son like a prince. We had to bring him back to reality when we got home.

The food was great, no complaints. There was such a huge variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I can't imagine how anyone can get bored with the selection. My wife and I tried to think of ONE item we could NOT find for breakfast but couldn't come up with anything. I had a different breakfast every day for 7 days and could have stayed there for a month without eating the same thing twice. For lunch, we had the option of eating at the main buffet restaurant or the buffet on the beach. Both were fantastic. The main buffet often got very busy at lunch so we enjoyed lunch at the beach restaurant, which was surprisingly always quiet.

There are two identical big pools and a small kids pool. They were nice. Not the best I've ever seen. They didn't stand out but they were fine. Finding a chair at next to the pool was nearly impossible as it was so busy, but we always found a spot a few steps away.

Our first impression of the beach was great. On the first day, we were surprised at how beautiful and clean it was. Unfortunately, the algae got worse over the week. It turns out they remove the algae once a week (from what we could tell) and we arrived right after a clean up.

The only (mild) criticism we had was that there was no way to enjoy the sun on our chair without hearing loud speakers from afar. There was always loud music playing in the pool area and no quiet spot. Not a huge deal but we've been to resorts where pools were spread throughout to give the option of quiet areas. It would have been nice in this case.

The entertainment was great although we didn't get to enjoy much of it because of our toddler to had a relatively early bed time. Our room was quiet despite the entertainment going on until pretty late so that was a bonus.

Overall, we were very pleased with how our first family vacation turned out. This is a beautiful resort and we came back home feeling refreshed and energized. I would definitely recommend this place to couples and families.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank PlanetKarim
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear guest,

On behalf the hotel staff of IBEROSTAR Punta Cana we thank you for choosing us as your holidays destination.

It makes us so happy know that once again IBEROSTAR have guaranteed you a wonderful experience in the Caribbean. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with this community and for describe in detail the beauty of our establishment, comfortable room and all our facilities.

On the other hand, it`s a shame knowing that we weren`t able to give you an relax moment at the pool. As you could notice we are doing activities during the day to entertain our guests.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back here in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.

Best regards,

Quality Manager DR

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We arrived at Punta Cana on July 14, 2017 in the early afternoon. We left the hotel on July 21, 2017 at approximately 11:00 am. Our flights and the overall experience with Delta airlines was wonderful. The seats were comfortable, we were always on time, and the customer service was very good. With Iberostar we had a mixed experience. I will list and elaborate the Pro’s and Con’s below:
Pros:

-The wait staff worked very hard and were very friendly on a consistent basis.
-The entertainment staff worked very hard, were engaging, and very friendly. They had an intense and enjoyable energy level. They were friendly but not professional.
-The evening buffet was pretty good
-The beach is big, and the sand is white.
-The physical layout of the facility was pleasant and well done.
-The coffee shop was nice, and the service was fast and friendly.
-The gym/fitness center was one of the best I have ever seen.
-The grounds were well taken care of, except for the two sewage stations.
-We were in a tropical climate, and bugs were never an issue.
-Good WiFi most of the time

Cons:

-The air conditioning in my children’s room was simply not working to any degree of satisfaction. We were moved to different rooms on Tuesday the 19th. The air conditioning worked much better, however there was still a musty smell in both rooms. My children spent four nights in a warm, musty room. The A/C in the entire resort was out on Friday. How does this happen? The eight room villas are all separate.
-The sea water is rough and full of seaweed. This is impossible to overstate. The workers tried to clear the beach, but that isn’t the main problem. The problem is the millions of pounds of seaweed. See my pictures. It should be noted that if you want to go to a resort and enjoy the water to any degree, then this is simply not the place. The wind is significant also. You really can’t enjoy a kayak or a paddle board. There were thousands of people at the resort. The pools were packed, but there were rarely people in the ocean. See my pictures. The seaweed in the water was overwhelming here. We went in the water one time. This would have been a deal breaker had I known this.
-We had difficulty all week finding a chair anywhere near the pool. There were usually chairs on the beach, but it appears that was because the ocean water was gross. We simply did not want to go into the water.
-The refrigerators do not adequately work. They do not have compressors. They are like small coolers. I was told they would give me a new one. It never happened. A "technician" told me later in the week they are like wine coolers.
-All of the rooms we went in had a musty smell.
-Tipping is encouraged and is done on a regular basis at the resort, the front desk, the bar, the airport…Bring lots of small bills.
-Room service is so dysfunctional it should not exist. Imagine a place that is really hot, and the fridge and ice machines do not work. We called room service for ice at 9:36pm. After going to the front desk one hour later there was still no answer. I went to one of the bars that was still open and got my own ice. At 11:45 pm, I got a knock at the door from a man carrying a small bag of ice. Nightly I took our room’s trash can to get filled with ice at the lobby bar before bed. We ended up giving up on room service and going to the front desk for extra pillows and towels.
-The three nearest ice machines near our rooms did not work until Thursday.
-The mold and mildew is a significant issue in a lot of the rooms. We had a dehumidifier in our room that we had to empty every 5 hours. See my pictures. This is not fun.
-You have to get loud at the front desk to get attention
-The sales pitches are everywhere and constant. It is like a Turkish Bazaar.
-The breakfast and evening buffets were good, the "restaurants" were not.
-The language barrier is tough
-The bathroom in my children’s room made a strange gurgling sound that came from the sink when the toilet was flushed. One of the manager’s stated that there was not a sewage problem, and that the sound was normal. The sound was not normal, and there were men everywhere digging in the ground fixing pipes.
-There was a distinct and strong sewage smell coming from two of the sewage stations.
-There was no place at the resort to hang out, have a drink, and talk to friends at night that had air conditioning. Every other resort we have been to has that.
-The teen club (our group included kids aged 12, 13, 15, and 16) was a small room with two computers and a sofa. Really? The teen activities were limited. Must be 16 to utilize the gym.
-The rooms have one drawer for personal items. Yes, the suites have one drawer for up to four people. See my pictures.
-A lot of small things are not available, broken, or were missing. Examples include menu items not available, bars running out of soda, outlets, ice machines broken, no bottled water or ice at the bars and restaurants, credit card machine broken just before checkout, etc…
-The bathrooms are unusually small, and shower doors don’t close properly.
-Our group had fairly serious stomach issues at some point.
-All of the pools close at 6:00pm, really?
-Nothing for teens to do at night.

Don't visit this place. There are other items I had to deal with, but I cannot share them on this forum.

Room Tip: Don't go here if you want to enjoy the beach or you would like a decent smelling room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank nostrils
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear guest,

On behalf the entire hotel staff we thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Punta Cana for your holidays.

We are thankful to receive your evalutaion regarding the experience you had with our services and installations. It's a big challenge exceed the epectations of every guest, we do all sorts of efforts to make the stay enjoyable and memorable.

We want you to accept our apologize for the downsides of your stay. We have shared all the concerns during your stay with management, and you can be sure that all the corrective measures needed are going to be applied, because that is not the impression that we want our guests to have about us.

On the other hand, thanks for mentioning those aspects that you did enjoyed during your stay, as the beauty of our establishment, entertainment team and those other aspects you mentioned.

We are looking forward to have the chance to host you again and show you the enhancements.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Before arrival: Called to book al a carte restaurants for our stay. Was told to send email. No on answered the email. I also called to book airport transfer, but since I booked through expedia instead of through Iberostar, they couldn't provided the free airport shuttle for us like the other guests, and provided us the number to iberoservice, their excursion services. Iberoserviced did provide us transportation for $40 USD (each way).

Check-in: We arrived right at 9 pm, which is check-in time, but had to speak with 3 service desk personnel before finding one that spoke enough English to find our reservation and assist us. We were given our bracelets, and then provided a map of the property and the activities schedule (in German). We inquired about making dinner reservations for the week and were sent to a small desk to the side, where Fior was assigned to take care of our needs. Fior told us to come back in the morning to book al a cart dining. A nice gentleman took us to our room in bldg 5 via golf cart and assisted with our luggage. The grounds were beautiful and well-kept.
The room was fine. The AC worked, the shower and toilet both worked, and the beds were not too terribly uncomfortable. The WiFi was spotty at best. There,s only a couple of outlets available for use, one at the dining table, one at the makeup table, and one above the mini fridge for the coffee maker.
The housekeeping service was great. They cleaned from very early until 6 pm at night to accommodate everyone's vacation schedule. We always had clean towels and a properly stocked mini fridge. Our money and jewelry were locked in the room safe, with no issues of theft. My laptop and iPad were left out in the room, again without any problem.
We returned to the service desk the next day to again try to reserve al a cart dining (this was a birthday trip for my daughter who turned 17 on this particular day). The representative growled at us that those services close earlier in the day and that we should have come earlier. I explain that we both work nights (I'm a nurse, my daughter a host/expo at a restaurant back home) and we had to be up at 3:30 am the day before to catch our flights, so we had slept in to get caught up. No one is friendly or caring. We are on their time, not our own desired vacation schedule. She finally made reservations for the next 2 nights. I explain that its my daughter's birthday and she wants to eat al a cart instead of the buffet. They say they will try to get her worked in and send the reservation to our room. Later that day, they delivered a bottle of champagne to my 17 year old child, who is wearing a child's bracelet, instead of dinner reservations.
The buffet food is good, although the selection gets to be a bit monotonous each day. Breakfast is served from 7 am - 10:30 am. Lunch is from 12:30 pm - 3 pm. Snack bar is open from 4 pm - 5 pm. And dinner is from 6:30 om - 10. There is no food service between or after these times. AT ALL. No snack bar, no room service. Nothing if you are used to working nights and get hungry after 10 pm. Even the shops close at 10 pm. On a note about the buffet, I did get lower GI problems for 3 days after eating the breakfast buffet eggs mid-trip, which was miserable.
The two lit pools are beautiful,but close at 7 PM. This is well before dark and ridiculous for a vacation destination. Why did they illuminate them if you can't swim at all after 7 pm?!!
The Iberoservice rep woke us up at 7 am every morning, even after scheduling our return trip to the airport. I found this utterly annoying, as well as frustrating.
We wanted to use the free kayaking and snorkeling but we did not speak enough Spanish, and they not enough English, to accomplish the reservations, so we only took one excursion that we had booked before leaving home and mostly just hung out at the beach, buffets, and in our room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear guest,

On behalf the entire team of IBEROSTAR Punta Cana we will like to thank you for shwring with us your experience.

We are thankful to receive your evaluation as regard the experience you have had with us. It discourages us since we would have loved make it enjoyable, but unfortunately it wasn't completely like that.

Anyway we want to clarify some aspects, if you didn`t got a free transportation from airport is because we don`t have it, even though we work together with Iberoservice, that is an external company. Also, it really surprise us that you said any of the collaborators were friendly enough, they are normally the main reason why guests enjoy their stay, sorry for the impression you got from us.

Also, we are so ashamed about the misunderstanding with the bottle of champagne, we believe that it was a mistake. On the other hand, we do have an snack bar at the buffet after 10:00pm were you can find some options to eat, receive our apologies for not telling you this information. And, last but not least, pool is closed at 7:00pm because it goes through an chemical process to clean it for the next day and lights are on so people can see it when they are walking on that area.

You have already shared your concerns with management and you can be sure that the aspects that need to be improved, will be.

Thanks for letting us know. Please give us another chance, if you want, in any of our hotels around the world and we can assure that your experience will be completely different from this one.

Best Regards,

Quality Online Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Spent 4 days and nights at the Iberostar Punta Cana resort last week. To put it simply, the food rooms staff beach pool were all great. We were assigned a consierge,Henry. He made all arrangements for us. Highly recommend this resort.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Len R
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and also for sharing your comments. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests experienced so many good memories during their stay at the The IBEROSTAR Punta Cana. Thank you so much for recommending us!

We are looking forward to your next visit

Cordially,