Karibo Punta Cana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$57
US$439
US$288
US$574
US$331
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$466/night.

US$327
US$200
US$110
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$312
1 508
11 991
4 702
1 508
All reviewscolonial clubcoffee boyrodeo grillsupreme buffetle gourmetanimation teampunta canasteakmichael jackson showswim up barjapanese restaurantchateaubriandswim up roomseafoodstomach issuesmain buffetwet bar
59 - 64 of 19 130 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited the resort for 7 days in June. We stayed on the Colonial Club couples only side. The weather was wonderful every day but one. There are plenty of things to do at the resort even when it rains. We took this opportunity to visit the spa. We enjoyed the Turkish Bath, sauna, jacuzzi pool, and more. The day prior, we had a couples massage on the beach. Very relaxing listening to the ocean during our massage.
Our butler RG was great. He checked in with us every day and booked our dinner reservations. We thought the hibachi and French restaurants were the best. The buffets were very good as well. The French restaurant has a wonderful breakfast. Only the seafood restaurant was below our expectations...small portions and it took a long time to get our food. Every other place is wonderful!
The swim-up bar was great. Rafael, our bartender, was very upbeat and accommodating. He was always smiling and making us laugh. Katheryn was very good as well. Try the Coco Loco! We met several people there and continued to spend time with them each day. It is a great place to make new friends.
The photographers at the resort are great too. We had Emanuel as our photographer. He did a great job with our photo shoot. We bought several photos.
The shows were nice too. The Micheal Jackson show is the best. The acrobats were good as well.
Our room was large and clean. The tile shower was roomy and relaxing. We had a jetted tub in our room, but we were too busy to use it. Also, our room had a large deck overlooking the swim-up bar and pool. The clothes drying rack on the deck was a huge plus.
The thing we loved most about this resort were the kind, friendly, hard-working people. Everyone was yelling out, “Hola!” whenever we would pass by. The people really seem to enjoy their jobs. Everyday someone was mopping and scrubbing the common areas and walkways.
We cannot say enough good things about this resort. Our experience was truly amazing! We can hardly wait to return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CMcLeod07
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear CMcLeod07,

Thank you for staying with us and for your 5 star score here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see that you appreciated our exciting entertainment shows and that you enjoyed our relaxing Spa treatments at the sound of the sea as a background. We work very hard to offer our all our guests the best personalized customer service so, we are happy to see that it was reflected on your stay.

We are tremendously proud to learn that our staff treated you like royalty which you certainly are. We will share your lovely comments with everyone, especially with Rafael, Kathryn and your designated butler, RG. Their dedication and service haven been exemplary and have truly made a difference to all our beloved guests.

Your final destination here in Paradise anxiously awaits your return.

Keep in touch!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went with friends. I was unsure about it, but kept an open mind. Immediately upon arrival at the resort, I loved it. It was so nice. Beautiful grounds with fountains, statues and clean, immaculate landscaping, nicely decorated lounges and lobby, clean, open, airy dining. We got the Colonial Club garden view room just a few steps from the club, Room 4132. The room was very nice and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The walk in shower was very nice and roomy with a rain shower head and a hand held shower also. Our room did not feel damp like others were saying about theirs. Our water pressure was fine. Others complained about theirs. You cannot find nicer, friendlier people/employees. They excel in the service industry. Other countries, especially United States, could learn a lot from these people. The entertainment was phenomenal as well. So much fun. Had so many laughs, especially the Iron Man games at the family pool everyday around 3:30-4:00. The theater shows were funny as well. If you are a man and don’t want to get volunteered for stage games, don’t sit up front in the theater.

Room Tip: Colonial Club swim up room, beach view room or garden view room are all good choices.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LisaLGaspard

Dear LisaLGaspard,

Thank you for such an amazing review. It was a marvelous pleasure being your host and receiving your perfect scoring here on TripAdvisor.

Our Team makes it a must to provide you with a personalized service for the best vacation ever as you call it, and with an exceptional stay. We are glad that you have appreciated our hospitality and the delicate attentions of our highly trained staff.

Precisely, our exciting Animation shows are perfectly designed to entertain everyone. We are delighted to see that we achieved our main goal during your time with us, and that our theater shows and Iron Man games were to your satisfaction.

Our endeavour to provide an excellent service to our customers has led us to trust in another opportunity to welcome you back and offer you a new stay of total Majestic.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second time at Majestic Colonial. We had the best time there. The food is excellent, the entertainment is great and the room are very clean and spacious. I can't wait to go back. The beach was cryatal clear and

Room Tip: The room is very comfortable, very clean and spacious. Love the flowers and decorations that they do with the towels like in a cruise.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear leim46,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that this is your second time here in paradise.

We are honored to see that you enjoyed every minute of Majesty to be found here, and that you appreciated our impeccable grounds and luxurious rooms.

Precisely, our exciting Animation shows are perfectly designed to entertain all family members. We work very hard to offer our all our guests the best tropical adventure and we are so happy to see that it reflected on your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again soon. Our Executive Chef will nurture your palate with his inspired cooking, and our staff will charm you while seeing to, that you need nothing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my boyfriend and I's first all-inclusive vacation and after countless hours of researching where to go/stay I decided on this resort and have zero regrets. I can write a novel of how great everything was but I will try and make it easy!

1. Club section: SO worth it! You are treated like complete royalty from start to finish. We arrived a little over an hour before check-in but we didn't have to wait very long before our room was ready. Our butler Jeffry gave us a tour of the resort to make time pass and we grabbed a couple snacks in the clubhouse while we waited for our room to be ready (maybe 5 minutes max!). Jeffry was awesome! We never really needed his help but he always checked in on us just in case we needed anything. One night he surprised us by setting up our jacuzzi which was so incredibly nice! Another great perk about the club section is the clubhouse which has snacks and drinks at all hours.

2. Pools/Beach: The club pools are waaaaay less congested so you can relax and get drinks way easier. That alone made the club section 100% worth it (we even get nicer towels!). My boyfriend and I are in our early 20s so we would start our day relaxing in the adult section and after lunch we would party in the main pool. The activities in the main pool were so much fun and so were the people. The ONLY con I have about this resort was the beach. It was too seaweedy to enjoy but the awesome pools the resort has to offer makes up for it!

3. Food: There are plenty of options but my favorites were the Dominican/Mexican, Japanese, and the buffets! Like most of the reviews mention, the steakhouse wasn't all that great but it wasn't horrible (but I mean, what do you expect, it's American food in the DR). The great part about the resort is you don't have to settle! My boyfriend and I had our dinner from the steakhouse but felt like it was lacking so we hopped over to the buffet to get more food. The buffets were amazing, especially the one by the beach! I ate lunch every day overlooking the beach which truly felt like paradise. There is one fancy restaurant that requires men to wear long pants that we weren't prepared for, because who packs long pants to the DR? but we're not huge fancy food people anyways so it wasn't a big deal. Lastly, all restaurants other than the buffets recommend you make reservations but you have plenty of times to choos from.

4. Staff: Some misconceptions I heard prior to my trip is that Dominicans are less friendly than Mexicans (Mexico was plan B) but that was far from the truth at this resort! All the staff seems to genuinely enjoy their job and make your stay so fun and enjoyable. Almost every worker you walk by says hello or asks how you are doing. My butler Jeffry was awesome and so were my bartenders, Maria and Henry. Maria and Henry were so much fun and made sure we were never empty handed when we were in the pool. Lastly, every night there is a show put on by a group of incredible performers which was a great way to end the day.

5. Tipping: "Technically" tips are included in your trip but I tipped on top of that to make sure it went into the right pockets. I was unsure of what was appropriate so I read through a ton of reviews to gauge what to tip so, of course, I have to pay it forward (pun intended). I tipped $1-2 for every drink, $5 for every meal, $5 a day for housekeeping, and $30 for my butler ($10 to start, $20 at the end). Again, I never really asked for anything from my butler but he still made sure to check in and you can tell how hard they work so, of course, I had to tip. Honestly, the service was exceptional either way (I had missed a few days tipping for housekeeping and made up for it in the end but in between tips the service was still great).

6. Excursion: I signed up for the land/water combo through the resort. We rode side-by-sides around a private land (bring a bandana if you decide on this!), drove to a cenote which was so clear and beautiful, then were taken to a private beach (Playa Blanca) for a family style lunch which was INCREDIBLE and spent some time on the beach. To end the day we took a catamaran around the water, were served unlimited drinks, and pulled over to a sandbar with water so clear you can see right through it! It was $139 per person and worth every single penny

7. Nightlife: We are a young couple with old souls so our nights normally ended after the nightly shows (around 11). A lot of people spend the nights at the casino or the "club" which we checked out one night but didn't really care for it. The club is kinda hidden in between the Colonial and the Elegance (the resort next door is literally steps away). It's more of a bar with music rather than a nightclub but this isn't really the resort to go to if you want to rage every night so you have to take that into consideration. I didn't seek out a resort with a huge nightlife so what they had to offer didn't really make a difference to me.

8. Overall experience: This is the place to be if you are looking for a fun AND relaxing vacation. There are activities from sunrise to sundown but I spent almost all hours of the day in the pools/eating (epitome of vacationing). This isn't the place if you're looking to go wild every day and night. As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. This resort exceeded all of my expectations and fulfilled what I wanted out of this trip. I will definitely be back again!!!

Room Tip: Choose the club section and you won't regret it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nina N

Dear Nina N,

Thank you for staying at Majestic Colonial and for sharing such a lovely and detailed review.

We strive for an inviting and warm atmosphere while at the same time never compromising on our quality of service. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the exclusive access to our club pools and that you loved the deliciousness to be found at our buffet and restaurants.

We put ourselves together to offer our all our guests the best personalized customer service so, we are happy to see that it reflected on your stay, and for mentioning how our staff treated you like royalty, which you certainly are.Thanks for acknowledging our staff members great customer service provided to you, we will definitely recognize Jeffrey, Henry and Maria on your behalf.

We are glad to know we are now number one on your lists of choices to stay. Your final destination here in Paradise anxiously awaits your return.

See you soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first trip to Punta Cana and our second trip to Dominican Republic. We stayed at the Majestic Colonial for 7 nights and had the best time! We were lucky to have your staff on our first visit, nevertheless we are hearing impaired and your team made our stay perfect and treated us like family. We had a wonderful experience of our life in Punta Cana. The beaches were beautiful and the staff worked very hard to keep it clean of seaweed, which we learned happens at this season of June someone mentioned. The pool was fantastic and the Wet bar staff was so incredible. Our room was great and the staff was super friendly. We were sadly to leave. We have told all of our family, friends and coworkers about it. We highly recommend this resort and cannot wait to come back to Majestic Colonial!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ronagene

Dear ronagene,

Thank you very much for such a great review. We work very hard to offer our all our guests a great time so, we are so happy to see that it was reflected on your last visit.

We are glad that you have appreciated our hospitality and the delicate attentions of our staffs, and mentioned how we treated you like royalty which you certainly are. Our Team makes it a must to provide you with a personalized service for the best vacation as you call it, and with an exceptional stay.

We are thrilled you found us to be highly recommended. Your final destination anxiously awaits your return!