Reviews (18 025)
9 076
4 855
2 038
1 075
All reviews american grill avenue bar gabi restaurant la gondola tropical lobby vip lounge gabi pool caribe tropical level section time share steak and lobster dominican restaurant kids club breakfast and lunch dominican republic master suite make reservations
3 113 - 3 118 of 18 025 reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I spent a couple of nights in the Melia Caribe Tropical with a large group. The resort is terrific. They have an adults-only section with a pool, beach, and restaurant area that is reserved for adults. Great idea! The food is outstanding, particularly for a buffet. Who would have expected filet and lobster on an all-you-can-eat buffet at an all-inclusive club?!?!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
MeliaCT, Web Community Liaison at Melia Caribe Tropical All Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Warm regards from Meliá Caribe Tropical.

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to share your impressions. It is a pleasure to know you had a perfect vacation and have completely enjoyed all of our services and facilities. We are pleased to know you have enjoyed our gastronomic offer and have experienced the outstanding services we provide.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in a future so we can offer a better and unforgettable stay.

Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

In spite of being a huge resort, the settings are very quiet, ideal to rest and have a good time. The rooms are very comfortable. The infrastructure might need some updating, specially in the room bathrooms, though. The meals are of good quality, but the massive amounts that need to be made don't allow them to be gourmet. Perhaps a larger amount of restaurants of smaller size each might help.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Alberto L
MeliaCT, Web Community Liaison at Melia Caribe Tropical All Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Warm regards from Meliá Caribe Tropical.

Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of our hotel, I would like to thank you for your preference to our property for the enjoyment of your vacation. We are glad to know you had a great time. We appreciate your observations, be certain our Team will take note of your comment.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

My first trip to DR and it was phenomenal. I had a wonderful time with friends. Resort is Beautiful!! STAFF is super!! to many names to list!! I stayed at the Level and really enjoyed my stay. Private pools, private beaches!! Traveling around in golf carts. Can't wait to go back!! DR TakeOVER 2016!! find us on FB,IG
WiFi sucks!! but I didn't even care

Room Tip: Adults only!! STay at the LEVEL!!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank BigMeesh

Warm regards from Meliá Caribe Tropical.

Thank you for your feedback. It is a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time while been at our property. We feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our co-workers. Be certain we will share your kind comments with them.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in a future to provide more memorable experiences.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

Don't even know where to start..
I have been to Punta Cana 4 times in the past and stayed at different resorts and this was by far my worst experince EVER... I can't emphasize enough how bad this experience was.
I felt so bad for my husband because it was his first time and he left DR scared for life...
The customer service in this resort was beyond awful.
Let me start by saying that they just don’t care for the tourist. I am talking from room service, to the dinning rooms to the front desk lobby. it was horrible.
Our phone in the room didn't work, nor did the safe.. we complaint and nothing was ever done about it.. The food was always cold and had flies flying around them all the time.. I complaint to the chef and again nothing was done.. one night we called room service from my sisters room, not only it took them 2 hrs to come, they brought us a 3 bags of chips oppose to french fries and told us that cooked food was not part of the all inclusive
The place is so big that we had to walk everywhere, therefore I ended up with blisters in my feet.. god forbid someone would ever stop to give you a ride in a golf cart..The few times that I offer to give them money for a ride to the lobby or the pool they told me that they couldn't therefore I had no choice then to walk... I can go on and on.. we were so desperate to leave the hotel that we checked out at 9 am for a 5pm flight.. BUT to put the icing in the cake, we waited for our transportation for 40 minutes, then come to find out they forgot to call it in.. got to love them
We then ended paying a taxi..

NEVER AGAIN......

Stayed: October 2015
5  Thank Brenda-Easton

Warm regards from Meliá Caribe Tropical.

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your opinion. Please, receive our apologies in reference to the outcomes you have encountered. We are saddened to know these factors distracted your attention for the enjoyment of your vacations. Be certain our Team Members have been noticed of your constructive observations.

We sincerely hope these situations do not deprive us having the privilege of hosting you in a future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Me, my boyfriend, and our friends went to Melia Caribe Tropical October 4th-11th. We loved it! the resort itself was beautiful! flowers, palm and coconut trees everywhere. very well kept landscaping.

The rooms were very clean. They are newly renovated and very modern. Each had private balconies. The staff was EXCELLENT!!! They were very accommodating and helped you with whatever we needed. They would even go out of their way to make you happy. To get around the resort, the staff would frequently pick us up in golf carts and drive us to where we wanted to go. There was also 2 or 3 trains/ wagons that went around the resort and you could jump on at one of the pickup spots.

The night life was pretty good. They have a club, a casino, and many bars. The food was great!! Mostly buffet style but they had such a great variety so you could chose from whatever you wanted.

We really loved this resort and even though we are in our 20s, there were so many different crowds there... families with young children, honeymooners, older couples, and we even saw a wedding party. The resort is a very safe place and we didn't have to worry at all about safety while being on the resort.

One night we went to CoCo Bongo. This club/show is fun for many different groups, but I wouldn't bring anyone younger than maybe 20 there. We also did zip lining which was Amazing!!! And we did the Catamaran- Which i didn't like. The driver didn't even know where he was going, and it was pretty annoying when you got there because while your putting on your life jacket and trying to get on the small boat to take you to the main boat, men from the neighboring shops bombard you and try to make you go in their stores. Its pretty intense and almost frightening. NOT somewhere I would bring a child.

Outside the resort, make sure you have cash for tipping. In the resort, we usually tipped the bartenders and whoever would wait on us. That's honestly the only reason we needed cash.

I would go back to the same resort in a heart beat. We had such a great time and loved the whole trip. I would recommend Melia Caribe Tropical to anyone.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were pretty much brand new.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank anana27b

Warm regards from Meliá Caribe Tropical.

Thank you for your feedback. It is a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time while been at our property. We are pleased to know that you have completely enjoyed all of our services and facilities. We feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our co-workers. It is thanks to employees like them that we are able to accomplish our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests. Rest assured we will share this comment with our Team Members.

We will be honored hosting you back in a future.