Free cancellation until 28/07
US$200
US$159
Karibo Punta Cana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 19/07
US$241
US$590
US$178
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

US$268
2 305
19 438
4 886
2 305
All reviewseden poolpunta canalos gallosresort creditsun barmoon loungerock spaisla restaurantcentral poolrock royaltyzen restaurantmembers poolsax poolpalace resortspresidential suiterock starmain building
208 - 213 of 28 294 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

As our original holiday was cancelled due to the hotel being under refurbishment we had to find a new hotel, originally we were disappointed because we loved our hotel. Then we fell in love with the hard rock hotel and casino resort in Punta Cana. Overall, our holiday was amazing. Couldn’t fault it at all!

Rooms - we had a Caribbean sand suite (I believe you pay a little bit more for this as “sand” in your room title means you’re closer to the beach) the room had everything we needed, as we went at the beginning of their rainy season we expected to spend a few days in the room so we were delighted with the way it was set out. Jacuzzi tub, double showers a bed big enough to fit a whole family! (Only disappointment was our room was on the bottom floor so if you’re able to, get a balcony as views are amazing) looking back, we ended up spending a lot of time in the lobby for meals/shopping etc, so we would probably not choose a room that was closer to the beach as the hotel is massive and the walk to the lobby was easily 15 minutes. (4x per day on holiday this gets exhausting haha) so would suggest a room closer to the lobby rather than the beach as we did not have a view of the beach from our room we were just close. Overall though, would’ve happily stayed anywhere on the complex it was amazing, clean, tidy and a turn down service offered.

Food - food was as expected, good. I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s amazing but the variety definitely is. We were able to eat and enjoy our meal every day. Having said this we did fall in love with Zen (Chinese restaurant) and ended up going 6 times on a 2 week holiday!! (Would recommend getting a private table over the group ones as it’s more intimate and the food is so much better! - but both are great) we loved the pizza bar, little coffee shop and the beach BBQ around the main pool. Everything was perfect. Very Americanised I would’ve loved to taste more traditional Caribbean food but for families and people who’re less adventurous (like my other half) this was perfect.

Beach - THE BEACH WAS THE BEST I’VE EVER SEEN! Dominican Republic are known for their beaches anyway and they did not disappoint! The beach was so wide and sandy and the current was natural nothing blocking the waves off like other resorts. It depends what you want and what type of relaxation you’re after; if you want seaweed free water, no waves and hundreds of wildlife this is not necessarily the beach for you. I love both. Having said this, I only saw two lone fish the entire holiday (on the beach) as most of the time the waves are too large and the beach is too rough for them to be that far in land. But as you can see from the photos the beach itself is beautiful, beach bars are perfect and well built, you always get a sun bed and showers weren’t too far of a walk.

Staff - staff were amazing, no hassles nothing was too much and they were always friendly and said hello. Me and my other half are the type of couple that would rather not be bothered and hassled during our vacation... as friendly as someone might be! We’re there to enjoy our company and completely unwind and relax, I like to read and he loves listening to music. Staff offer drinks which is lovely when you don’t even need to walk to the bar!! Open doors for you they’ll literally do whatever you need. At the same time they offer activities and services but respect when you decline. Don’t try and force you to participate in beach volleyball when you were quite happy sunbathing. The only negative I have is they quite often expect tips (which I understand is the culture rather than the people themselves) but when you feel as though you’ve paid nearly £5,000 for a 2 week holiday already a dollar here and a dollar there really adds up! I don’t begrudge when a waiter has gone above and beyond giving them a dollar or two; but when someone has simply poured me a Diet Pepsi I’d rather keep my dollar as this is what I have come to an all inclusive hotel for. Having said this the staff were incredibly grateful when you do tip and look out for you the whole holiday afterwards when they see you. So if you have the extra cash go crazy!

Excursions - Keeping this one brief as it’s separate to the hotel, but if you have chance to go ziplining with canopy adventure, or do the adventure boogies definitely go! Horse riding on the beach was also amazing! And if you have money for a taxi book to go to Macao beach! Most beautiful beach and a lot more private with calmer waters if you’re not a fan of waves and rough tides.

Overall, this holiday was the best I’ve ever had me and my partner thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and our already talking about coming back!!! definitely come to book here!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
General M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing us and we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time with in our hotel while visiting Sunny Punta Cana, Bon H! We appreciate your Rockin’ feedback about Rockers! After reading your review, it seems we met all of your expectations! Our location is perfect and our rooms are just lovely! We look forward to your return visit and hope for it to be in the near future! Rock On!

“This Review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana.”

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed everything here. The food was great, the people here are polite, and the staff here is helpful. I came here for a wedding and it was beautiful on the beach. For the reception it was very organized and it ran smoothly. I love going to the main pool where the DJ was. The restaurants were very good. I liked el toro, the Mexican restaurant and the japenese restaurant.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your perfect 5 stars review, Aaliyah H!

We appreciate your wonderful comments and hope you really have the time to come back and keep on enjoying of the best stay experience you've ever had again. Our staff is really happy to know that your experiences were as expected. Keep on Rocking!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I loved the hotel! The employees are very high energy and extremely helpful. The pools and rooms are always very clean, the only complaint that I have is that the power in our hotel room turned off for only a couple minutes and then immediately turned back on. Other than that great trip and great resort! Rene from public relations came up and started talking to me and my friend about he resort and if there were any issues that he needed to know about. Love the service!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle T

Hey Michelle T, we want to thank you for the fabulous review of your stay with us! We were so pleased we got to win you over with our amazing service, specially the one gave by Rene! Be sure to come back for another Rockin’ vacay! Rock On!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately, this was our third trip here and probably the last. Food has consistently gone downhill, resort looks older and needs an upgrade, and the new dinner reservation policy made for many upset guests amid half filled restaurants. Pros : We were given a room upgrade to a bigger room, but was in B rooms cloer to Lobby. We asked for A, they wouldn't move us, and the resort was nowhere full. Cons: check-in was a disaster, no one told us where to go, they dropped us off at the wrong Lobby, we're pretty much ignored. Service really needs to be worked on.

Until the resort increases the quality of the food, and gets rid of the reservation dinner policy, we won't be back. We always enjoyed Hard Rock for the easygoing styles, but the new reservation policy is the opposite of that. Reservations were supposedly required, though staff were never on the same page, staff at the restaurants were rude about it, but restaurants sat half empty.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lisa O

Dear Lisa O, it was unfortunate to know you didn’t have a good stay. Our apologies for the inconveniences you had while you were with us, we’ll be certain to share your comments with our Management. We would be honored if you would give us a another chance to change your perspective.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our room was cleaned once the entire 7 days that we were at the Hard Rock Punta Cana. Every single staff member except one named Franklin seemed to hate their jobs & acted as if our presence there was an irritation. The food was so-so. The best places to eat if you do go are Zen, The Market & the Chocolate Shop. I would not recommend spending your money to stay at this

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
4  Thank gritandgrace1

gritandgrace1, we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. We sincerely regret the inconveniences that accured during your visit. The departments involved have been notified of the issues you experienced and corrective actions are in place. We do hope that you provide us with the opportunity to show you the improvements and we can provide you with a memorable stay.

“This review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana."