Reviews (3 011)
3 011 results
1 710
1 710
All reviews sun club king kong olive branch bavaro beach pizza shop sunnyside grill cat woman windows buffet chop sticks punta cana coco cafe willy wonka entertainment staff big papi quiet pool italian restaurant spring break
223 - 228 of 3 011 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Although I did not get to stay at the resort, I still had an excellent customer service experience provided by Mr. Jonathan Rijo. Not only did he provide me with superb service, he was kind enough to go out of his way to assist me with an urgent matter. Thank you again Mr. Rijo!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Thankfully we only spent 3 days at this resort, I don't think I could take any more days here. Staff was friendly and the grounds and pool were nice. Food at the buffets were terrible - very cold!!! The steakhouse was ok, chinese good, and italian ok. I would DEFINITELY NOT stay here ever again and would not recommend it to anyone. No pool drink service and the drinks were watered down. The beach was HORRIBLE. I understand it's not the resort's fault there was seaweed but I felt bad for the poor workers out there every day trying to clean it and it was never coming clean. Did not appreciate the night there were vendors selling items at every crossing. There was no way around them and quite pushy.

Room Tip: No need to upgrade because it wouldn't be worth having a beach view because the view and smell were terrible!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lab-pit
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at sunscape 1 June for 2 weeks stayed in block 23 beautiful room we upgraded when we arrived room kept very clean. Our mini bar was stocked with lots of water had to keep ringing to get our 2 beers daily lol or soft drinks. Personally I find this hotel great for meeting new people all so friendly. The ladies in the sun club where great especially elisabeth, Marienny and Jensy. The bar man brahrain so happy and friendly the chef in the sunclub never stopped putting out lovely food I found the rest of the restaurant where ok. Buffett could improve. The pool cleaners never stopped and the gardeners the place was very clean. Enjoyed my stay second time here and would go back again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed 27 June 2018

On first impressions this place looks nice but when you start to really look around it falls apart fast , I’ll start with the food ,I myself got food poisoning on the 3rd day and was very ill for the ripest of the stay luckily the wife is an a and e nurse we got medication from the chemist in the town ,the resort decided to host a part sports around 300 teens which involved lots of drinking vomiting in the pool growing there rubbish in the etc on this day there was a problem with the pools cleanliness an the staff struggled to get the chemical balance it was checked severely times , the party continued into the night with a Dj until 2am we rang reception to complain but they had trouble hearing us due to the noise ,the next day we asked to be moved . We witnessed staff cleaning blood up at the side of the pool with pool water and an old rag ,that was the last time we went in the pools here, oh and they clean the pools here while you are swimming in them which leaves a scummy film on the water , for the rest of the first week I was too ill to leave the hotel room , as soon a I was able to leave the room we put in an official complain ,and the member of staff was so alarmed she passed in on to her manager right away , the Thomas cook rep was useless . The staff here were on the whole very rude and if often felt like they was doing you a favour buy letting you be in there hotel , barmen serve you any drink they feel like no matter what you asked for , the food is the same in all the ala cart restaurants French Italian and grill all had the same pepper corn sauce on-there meat the service again so bad it too 30 mins just to get a drink of a juice and a water . The hotel all so ran out of drinks on a daily basis including water . The tables in the main buffet were never cleaned and often had the plates from the people who ate there before you just left ,they ran out of plates cups blows and cutlery at every meal , if you was lucky you may get offered a drink with your meal but not always the case , we met with the assistant manager of the hotel and the food and beverage manager who said things would get better I did surge staff that in the hotel lobby bar ( there most classy bar ) that perhaps drinks in the evening should not be served out of throw away plastic cups , they did get some hard plastic ones in .ther service in the main buffet actually got worse , the hotel also allows street vendors in a few times a week who started to threaten guests if they didn’t buy , I know the beach is not the hotels fault but be aware you will be lucky if you can get into the see , the beach is often. Like a building site and it does smell bad , we will be taking this up with Thomas cook as the photos are of some where else and not this beach ....The staff make you leave a review before they allow you to check out so be warned if I could leave 0 starts I would

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Will B
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My family and I visited Sunscape Bavaro Beach from June 15 - June 22, 2018. Overall the hotel is well kept and beautiful. I personally think they have a nice variety of food compared to other hotels that I have visited. The only bad thing is the beach. Full of Algae and a very bad smell. But this is something that the hotel doesn't have control over. Best restaurant is Chopsticks. The rest are good as well. I personally didn't try out the French restaurant.

The best thing was the animation team. They are friendly, nice and make you feel like your right at home. Special shout out to Oreste, Willy Wonka, Lava, Serena Williams, and Chocolate. Awesome team!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family