Reviews (1 958)
1 958 results
1 544
1 544
All reviews outdoor shower and bath our honeymoon premier pool villa the bean boutique resort thai restaurant bean bags resident manager hong island roti deluxe room flip flops private beach happy hour phi phi thai massage beach bag
335 - 340 of 1 958 reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2016

I spent a great holiday here with my son and his Thai family. The location and the rooms and the pool were all first class. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and very good with the children. I had a really good time, the hotel loses marks only for two reasons, the dinner choices at the two restaurants I found limited, one was very predominantly Thai with a lot of fish, which I don't eat. The other restaurant was very good , Italian, but expensive. The other reason it loses marks was safety related, the hotel had many steps and staircase, including entering the swimming pool, none of these had handrails which I found difficult to navigate, surely this would be an inexpensive safety precaution that the hotel should take, otherwise excellent.

Room tip: Rooms near the pool are the best.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We stayed 3 nights and almost 4 days in this beautiful boutique resort in November 2016.

The beach was my favourite part. It is shallow and warm enough to go in any time of the day (except late evening when the tide recedes). They have huge bean bags to lounge on the beach and it's comfortable and well shaded. You can order drinks and ice cream at the beach and sit there with a book all day - the idea of a perfect relaxed holiday.

The resort itself is quite small and the architecture is lovely with small touches of personalisation like the cookies they leave for you after turning down the room or the managers addressing you by name as they pass by. Note that certain rooms are on the first level and you'll need to go up and down the stairs every time. We got a garden view room and it was on the first level. Not a big bother for us but something to note if you don't prefer to take stairs. Something I really liked in our room is the sunken bath next to the outdoor shower. It's large and a really nice change from a traditional bath.

The Thai food in their main restaurant, Arundina, was okay but we loved the Italian restaurant in the resort. Really good quality ingredients and great setting. Even dessert was fantastic.

The resort is not exactly child-friendly. They don't have any activities for kids specifically but more than that, the layout has a lot of open water features and fountains which could be a bit dangerous for an active toddler. There are also lots of cobbled paths and stairs all over the property so using a stroller is also a no-go.

November is a wet month in Krabi and it rained every evening we were there but it gave us a nice excuse to feel okay about staying in our room, watching a movie, and ordering room service. The days were fine and we stayed out the entire time on the beach. This was early November but later in the month, it could be wetter and less pleasant so check that forecast before you book.

There are lots of shuttle options from the airport and we booked an independent company called Krabi Transfers online rather than through the resort since that was cheaper and their service and the car itself was very good.

Overall, a lovely holiday and I'd recommend this resort for a short and relaxing break.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights and loved it the whole time! Its location is a little further away from the town which gives it a nice quiet touch and away from the beach crowds yay! Beautiful views of the sea and little islands! The beach is shared with a few other resorts but it wasnt crowded like on Railay beach (which I didnt like).

We had a pool-facing room and it was quiet and simply perfect. I am very particular about cleanliness and require the rooms to be modern in furnishings, and our room was perfect in this regard. The hotel is well-maintained. The gym was also in good shape and clean.

Most hotels dont serve very good food but I have to say that this resort proved to be the exception. The food at their in-house Italian and Thai restaurants were delicious (I cant say the same about the next hotel we were in which was the Rayavadee).

Overall, this resort is a gem and I would love to return to stay again!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

we stayed at this resort 2 weeks ago n i must say this is the most beautiful resort we have ever stayed at. a perfect place to relax n rejuvenate. its far from the small town but thats the best part of it no noise and crowd .we had taken a package deal from the resort site directly .when we arrived we were greeted with a cold towel and a refreshing drink .we stayed at the deluxe room and it was beautiful so well planned and spaced every little detail is thought after. out side the rooms they have umbrellas and flip flops . they have beach bag and beach towels kept in the room. the beach is stunning everyday the sky is a different color . the 2 restaurants are also nice one is the Italian one and the other caters to thai food lovers. the pizzas at the Italian restaurant is a must try . we celebrated my husbands 40th birthday and it was just pefrect we were given a table by the beach and a complimentary cake and to top it all the best was when this lovely couple who sings at the thai restaurant came to our table and sang the bday song .
the staff at the resort are just amazing so friendly and always smiling . the restaurant managers Mr Sunny and Mr Pom are the best every day they would greet all the customers and speak to them. My 3 yr old Byanca was so fond of Mr Sunny that she still asks for him. we also thank Ms Pat who was so sweet n loving to our little one that she offered her food on the house wht ever she wanted which was really sweet.
we would surely come back to this place for another vacation.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2016

We stayed at this wonderful hotel back in April this year and absolutely loved it. So peaceful, a good restaurant and the most amazing sunsets. The property and views have real character which make this a very memorable beach stay. We ended our two week trip here and didn't want to leave.
The breakfasts were outstanding! The best hotel breakfast I think I have ever had. I particularly recommend the sticky rice parcels and the home made jams etc.
We had a dulux room around the pool. It was clean and stylish with good air con and a lovely outside bath and shower area. I was extremely jealous however of those with a beachfront pool villa. These had lovely private pool areas which came into the palm tree shade just at the peak heat of the day when it was best to escape the beach. If we return this is what I would opt for.
Our room rate offer a complimentary Thai massage in the spa which was wonderful, incredibly relaxing.
We booked out complete trip though Trailfinders who were great and the entire trip was faultless in its organisation.

Date of stay: April 2016