“Something different...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Rebecca

Warm yourself by a bonfire of an evening and listen to the sound of the stream
Light and lovely - the bedroom end of the Hut Rebecca on a sunny late afternoon in Spring
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Light and lovely - the bedroom end of the Hut
Rebecca on a sunny late afternoon in Spring
The dresser in the kitchen area of the Hut
A place to dream and read
Tea on the patio, mid afternoon
The magnificent Treebog interior. It has had rave reviews in our Visitors' Book!
The Treebog. Obviously cutting edge technology - even the National Trust uses them.....
Rebecca and the Treebog from across the bluebell meadow
Looking up at the Hut from the stream. The kettle is heating on the stove..
Tea on the patio in the sun. Pushkin the cat looks on - Treebog is just out of sight down the path
Looking down at the stream from the patio
Looking downstream from the patio on a frosty autumn afternoon. a bit cold for a dip but very lovely
Summer in the meadow. The Shepherd's Hut is just out of the picture to the right
The farmers burn the gorse on the mountain every year - here you can just see the atmospheric smoke
The beach at Pwllgwaelog. There's a pub/restaurant here & a lovely walk round Dinas Head
The Parrog, Newport, Pembs. Just a 20 minute drive away
The coast path by Moylegrove. You can pick it up anywhere along the Welsh coast
The Treebog in the snow
A neighbouring farm in the snow. The snow was stunningly beautiful
Rebecca and Treebog, Feb 2013
Sunset at the Parrog, Newport, Pembs
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Richard_P...
London
“Something different...”
Reviewed 31 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

This shepherd's hut was the ideal get-away. It's 'back to basics' but in the easiest, most luxurious, way, and there's clearly been a lot of care and attention to detail put into it. We found the hut itself, with it's wood-burning stove, bubbling stream and view of the hills, the perfect set-up to be close to nature without the usual distractions.The tree bog may feel a little daunting to some initially but it really is as comfortable, clean and characterful as others have found. We could happily spend time here at any time of year, in any weather.

We new little about Pembrokeshire before going but soon found that misty hills, rocky streams and dramatic sea cliffs provide the setting for a variety of things to do (if you can tear yourselves away from the cosy hut). We recommend visiting the coast around St Davids and a boat trip around Ramsey Island.

Sometimes it's a risk going for something outside the norm, and it doesn't always pay off. Rebecca is a perfect example of when it really does.

Sjh1984
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Magical week away”
Reviewed 6 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

A wonderful place to get away from it all. Fantastic setting, being able to sit and eat dinner outside watching the sunset on the preseli hills listening to the stream flowing by. Miranda really has thought of everything when it comes to the little extras which turn a great holiday into a truly unforgettable one.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The seclusion
Madeleine...
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 4 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Such a wonderful place to stay, very well kept and has everything you could need. Have recommended to everyone! The stove keeps the hut very warm so would be lovely all year round. The beautiful surroundings and peace and quiet were perfect

Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
Tara C
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely romantic getaway to unwind and reconnect”
Reviewed 28 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

If you are looking for a remote location, then this is it. It is nestled between sparsely populated hills on the edge of the national park, down a little track. The directions Miranda provided were spot on and we didn't have any trouble finding it. The location, for what we wanted, was perfect. The only thing that could be improved, and really this is trying to find fault because we loved it, is that there are a couple of other cabins for family behind the hut. When we visited , Miranda had some family to stay and we met some of the children who were all rather lovely. However, for those hoping for complete solitude, this might be a bit of a niggle.

Otherwise, this place is perfect. The hut itself has been tastefully decorated with beautiful fabrics and every possible need catered for. The dresser is stocked with everything you need: there are fresh towels on the bed (we didn't use these as we had brought our own), lots of little battery-powered or wind up lights, lovely linen, lots of extra blankets, a picnic blanket and two sets of table and chairs (one inside and one out). The log burner is easy to use and, don't be deceived by its size, it really does throw out some serious heat. We had one wet and cold evening and my partner and I loved lighting the log burner and playing a board game on the bed by the light of the lanterns.

Outside there is a lovely fire pit with logs to sit on and my partner and I enjoyed building a fire each night. We spotted a little bat on our first night and looked forward to his daily visit. Miranda also provided us with a cool box and freezer packs which stored our food for three nights without a problem. We brought our own mini barbecue which we cooked dinner on and then used the coals to start the fire. In the mornings, we made ourselves cooked breakfasts on the stove in the hut. There is a large washing up bowl with sponges and ecological washing up liquid on a table outside. The stream is lovely and we both had a paddle. We drank from the tap of filtered stream water outside and it was great - much nicer than our tap water back home that tastes of chlorine. Miranda also provides bottled water for those that don't fancy the water from the stream.

The tree bog is SO much better than one would expect. I had visions of compost toilets at festivals but I couldn't have been more wrong. As with everything else, Miranda has really made every effort to make the tree bog feel a bit luxurious. It smelled surprisingly lovely, not whiffy at all, thanks to its good design, some fresh flowers and some incense. There are lots of little decorations that make it feel really homely. We both had a 'japanese shower' using the jug and big bowl provided. We didn't bother warming up the water and both of us rather enjoyed the experience. Definitely invigorating! Miranda has provided ecological products to use in the tree bog too thus ensuring that visitors impact as little as possible on the beautiful surroundings.

Overall, I really can't sing the praises of Miranda and her accomodation enough. I really felt like a child again living in a den in the great outdoors. A magical place to stay, highly recommended.

Older travelers
Rhiannon...
Presteigne, United Kingdom
“lovely little place tucked away in the hills”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Rebecca is a delightful little place, I really enjoyed my stay! The décor is especially charming and really makes the place. It is compact, but has been well thought out - everything has a place, and Miranda has thought of everything, including a drawer full of batteries, plenty of candles and firelighters etc. I didn't really miss having electricity much at all. When I arrived the stove was lit and it was lovely and cosy.

At first I was a little worried as there was another cabin and caravan in the meadow, which I didn't expect, but Miranda explained that they were empty and only really used by family from time to time, which was a relief, as the solitude was what attracted me in the first place. The treebog was a pleasant surprise - I was worried about spiders, but I saw none the whole time I was there.

Location wise there are good things and not so good: the track to get to Rebecca is the worst I've ever encountered, and I grew up on Welsh farms! It is doable, I drove it every day, but take warnings to go slowly seriously! Also, I had trouble finding anywhere to eat nearby. There were a couple of pubs but they were all pretty grim - for lunch there are some nice cafes in Newport, but in the evening you might be stuck, I was.

Having said that there's amazing walking right on your doorstep. There were some routes and maps printed out in the little info booklet, which I thought was a great idea. I did the Golden Road walk and can recommend it to anyone in the area. Rebecca is also in a lovely spot for wildlife. When I was sitting on the front step eating breakfast on my first morning, a heron came and landed in the stream only a few meters away. Quite magical!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: Friendly resident bluetits, lighting a fire on dry evenings, listening to the river right outside.
Liked least: Midges getting in even with doors and windows closed! Not a problem for most of the year but I was eaten alive!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$61
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing