“Great Indian food”
Review of Gate Of India

Gate Of India
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Gillitts
Reviewed 31 May 2024

Friendly welcoming, service and great Indian food. We will be back soon!

Highly recommend the potato samosas and paneer saag.

Date of visit: May 2024

Reviewed 8 December 2023

Wonderful quick service, friendly, amazing lady called Rashu, who did everything for us. Portions so big! Quality of food just wow. Butter chicken yum!!! Definitely will go again!

Date of visit: December 2023
3  Thank Inspire22303404383
Reviewed 18 June 2023 via mobile

Excellent food and service.
The starters, main course, and desert were spectacular. Food was prepared fresh and tasty. Awesome experience, and I will recommend that you get here soon. Brilliant.

Date of visit: June 2023
3  Thank ngangaram
Reviewed 2 January 2023

We found ourselves here on a cold rainy Sunday evening in December after a days hiking in the rain. The staff were friendly and welcoming.
Our friend from cape town wanted to try a bunny chow and so the three of us ended up ordering the same... I chose a mild mutton bunny chow which I must admit isn't my usual sort of food however I was pleasantly surprised. It was delicious and I enjoyed it. Spicy rather than outright hot which I prefer. The menu has so many items to chose from you are spoilt by the variety. I recommend this fine restaurant to anyone wanting to taste Indian food in a safe pleasant setting.

Date of visit: December 2022
1  Thank 485nimr
Reviewed 10 May 2022

Spur of the moment light supper on a Tuesday. I had a glass of red wine (out of a box, but was fairly drinkable!), and an excellent lamb korma. Korma is by nature a mild sauce, though they say they can sharpen it up if you wish. The lamb was tender and the sauce delicious. Have been here several times before and not been disappointed. My friend enjoyed his lamb tikka masala too. Very good service.

Date of visit: May 2022