“Garden Condo = Awesome Vacation ...”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room Living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Markham S
Ontario, Canada
“Garden Condo = Awesome Vacation ...”
Reviewed 17 September 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed at the Garden Condo (# 46)in Sosua from June 3, 2016 for 1 week.

I booked this condo with Tim (Property Owner)online. Tim was very helpful during the entire booking process and responded to my messages in a timely manner.

A USD $100 deposit was required to secure the booking. This deposit was held until my departure. Upon arrival, the full weeks amount was due plus a USD $30 cleaning fee. Electricity is charged based on usage @ $0.28 per kwh, which is payable upon departure.

I booked my flight separately with WestJet. As it was an air only flight (not a vacation package), I was required to pay for my one checked baggage (CAD $25 from yyz to pop and USD $20 from pop to yyz).

I was in contact (via whatsapp) with Franziska (Property Manager for this condo) prior to our arrival . She graciously answered the many questions I had regarding the condo - all in a very efficient and timely manner. I provided her with my flight details accordingly.

AIRPORT/TRANSFER: Airport security and luggage claim was simple and fast. I flew into Puerto Plata on a weekday morning (Friday) and it was only flight that arrived around this time.
I always organize a private return airport transfer in advance with Rosario Bus/Taxi Service DSRR Bus Rental) in Puerto Plata. We have used Rosario many times in the past and as usual, we were not disappointed with his services.

He offers free Wi-Fi in his comfortable, spacious, recently renovated van including a complimentary bar with cold beers, soft drinks, juices, bottled water, etc. Rosario’s contact cellular number is 809.399.0427. I send my travel details to Rosario via text / whatsapp message and he usually responds promptly.

There is a DUFRY Duty Free store in the arrivals of POP airport – convenient for anyone who wants to buy cigarettes, alcohol etc. upon arrival. Although, based on my price comparison (Arrivals Duty Free vs Player Supermarket Sosua vs La Serena in Puerto Plata ), it is cheaper to buy these items locally.

The airport provides free luggage trolleys which are located on the left of the luggage claim entrance (just past the customs counters). Before exiting the terminal, you will encounter many uniformed porters who will ask you about your resort location and will attempt to assist you with your luggage etc. Just like all airport porters, it is your choice to use them ... and if you do, they expect to be tipped for their services.

You can purchase beer just outside the terminal (once you pass the second set of double doors) at the small stores located towards the hand left side of the terminal.

Travel time from POP to Sosua is approximately 15 - 20 minutes

ARRIVAL: Prior to my arrival to the condo, Rosario (my driver) took me to Playero Supermarket to pick up some groceries. There is a Claro counter in the supermarket should you need a sim card for your cell phone. For out of country customers, a passport is required to obtain a sim card. The process and wait time to obtain a sim card is a minimum of 1/2 hour (if you're lucky .. lol)

Upon arrival to Garden Condos, I was greeted by Franziska. Condo # 46 is on the 2nd floor - stairs only. She walked me through the condo, ensured that the wifi worked, gave me the condo key (1 key)and the fob key (1 fob) to open the security gates. Franziska took a pic of the current electricity reading, assisted with the safe and turned on the hot water tank.

CONDO: The one bedroom condo was an average size one level unit with modern deco and furniture.

The sitting/living room area had one couch, coffee table with a TV and remote. The online pictures depict the living room with one couch and 2 chairs, which was not the case.

It has a decent size balcony with 2 wooden chairs and a table (table was broken upon arrival).

The kitchen was equipped with a toaster, blender, microwave, coffee maker, 4-burner gas stove with oven, water cooler, full size refrigerator with top freezer (one ice tray), cutlery, drinking glasses, bowls, plates, tea cups/saucers, serving/cooking utensils and a plastic cutting board. The unit had a round kitchen table with 2 chairs.

We purchased paper towels, Kleenex boxes, dinner napkins and dish detergent for our unit. We also packed saran wrap, foil and freezer bags which came in handy during our stay.
There are 2 washrooms - one in the main living area (sink/toilet only) and the other in the bedroom (toilet/sink/shower - no tub).

The bedroom had 1 queen size bed, mirrored closets, digital safe (in closet, computer desk with chair and a dresser with ample of drawer space.

This unit does NOT provide hand/body soap, shampoo, conditioner and/or shower gel – no hair dryers either. They do provide 3 to 4 bath towels and a few hand towels. Unit was equipped with an iron (upon request).

Self controlled air-conditioning unit in the bedroom only. Ceiling fans in both the bedroom and sitting/living room. An additional powerful floor fan in the bedroom.

There were no signs of critters whatsoever ... we did bring a can of Raid just in case.

POWER OUTAGES: We did not experience any power outages throughout our entire stay.

GROUNDS: 24 hour secuirty with secured (fob key access only) gates. Grounds are clean and well-maintained.We encountered some mosquitos during the day, but mostly in the evenings - so don’t forget mosquito repellant. We spent a lot of time on our balcony, so it was worth it for us to travel with the OFF (mosquito repellant) lanterns, mosquito coils and citronella candles.

POOL: The pool is a good size and was always clean. Lots of seating area (tables, chairs, loungers with umbrellas) around the pool.

AREA: This condo is in an awesome location - everything is within walking distance, including Pedro Clisante (main strip with all the bars and restaurants).

There is a 24 hour bar/restaurant called Copacabana right outside of the Garden Condo gates. The food and alcohol is very inexpensive. We ate there regularly and enjoyed it. The is a true local hang out. There is also a pizzeria close by (Pizzeria D'Colores)with good pizza at a decent price.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing