Sybaris Suites & Residences(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$163
US$200
US$150
  • Free Breakfast
Hodelpa Garden Suites(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$202
US$96
D' Franchecis Hostal(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$65
Caribe Paraiso(Juan Dolio)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$46
  • Beachfront
Plaza Real Resort(Juan Dolio)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$218
Hotels.com
Reviews (1 488)
1 488 results
All reviewscoffee shopmichael jackson showadults only sectionanimation teambeach barsmall resortbeer barstayed in buildingdominican restaurantvip poolspecial thanksamazing coffeepunta canabike tourclimbing wallsanto domingojose luis
80 - 85 of 1 488 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and myself stayed at this hotel for the Easter weekend... the rooms are clean and very modern, the maintenance of the grounds were emaculate, the staff was excellent, great costumer service ...the food was excellent ..i want to give special thanks to Fernando Garnica, Heather White, Tiffany Ricci and Yurison for making us feel at home....thanks to all for a wonderful time ....see you next year!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
hoteleshodelpa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emotions by Hodelpa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Paulgrill,
We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your wonderful experience during your stay at Emotions by Hodelpa Juan Dolio, we are delighted to see the great costumer service was much appreciated, it’s something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Thank you for your kind words on the well done job in the maintenance of the grounds and how much you loved our ''excellent food''. When we read comments like yours it gives us an extremely high desire to keep up the good work and knowing you will be a returning costumer because you felt like home during your stay with us is truly our goal number one. Warm Regards, Monica, Hodelpa Costumer Satisfaction Management.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I would like to say that it was my 6th time to visit this Hotel, and i can not wait to come again. The main reason why i keep coming back, because the staff are amazing, they treat you like a family. The best part is an animation team, i love activities and they provide the best . Either it is a water aerobics,or stretching, Zumba or bachata lessons , the animation team is the top. I would like to mention Ruth, Carlos, Argelis, Gabriel, Jose luis Zapata and if course the manager Juan Carlos Ortiz. Wonderful, professionals, with great sense of humor, loving and talented people, who care so much to make your stay enjoyable. And also the shows are amazing. Me and my daughter looking forward to visit again, hopefully very soon

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
hoteleshodelpa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emotions by Hodelpa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Irynagg,
We are thrilled your stay with us was completely positive and you keep collecting great memories with us. Thank you very much for your loyalty and choosing us to spend quality time with your daughter. We love the fact you had a great time doing water aerobics, stretching, zumba and bachata lessons. We will definitely inform Ruth, Carlos, Argelis, Gabriel, Jose luis Zapata and Juan Carlos Ortiz your kind words. On behalf of the team I would like to thank you for taking the time to share it with the Trip Advisor community. See you soon, warm regards, Monica, Hodelpa management.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Our experience at emotions started off on the right foot aside for not getting the room we booked they quickly fixed that and gave us the room we paid for ... then it went downhill from there we were approached by the Pink shirt vip staff and were trying to get us to book a “quick” meaning to learn about the resort .. at first we were like sure if we can learn about the services this resort has to offer great. Then from hearing other guests this was not the case .. we then were confronted with the guy who Booked us and kindly said listen we appreciate the offer but we aren’t interested we are here to vacation and don’t want a long meeting to be sold on vip services.. he then clearly spoke English and tried to teach us about responsibility and the situation escalated quite quickly to where the other guy in the pink shirt and grabbed my cigarette and lighter from my hand and said now this is mine with a very intimidating look .. I immediately brought this forward and was very upset to where the supervisor said she was going to talk to the guy and the general manager ... then later came to find me brought me to the front and ask me if I wanted to have the guy fired !! Is this not the decision of the manager .. is this a repeat offender .. seems from the guest I talked to it is ... then there’s the massage booking . 3 days to try to book to pay for a massage sounds reasonable no ???? This wasn’t the free 30 minutes they offer essentia gifts .. I had to go every morning to try and book. Took 3 days and believe me the spa was not busy... then the weekend came and we lost all our spots at the essentia pool .. screaming kids .. security shaking his head trying to manage and apologized to us .. not a good experience at all

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank patroy11
hoteleshodelpa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emotions by Hodelpa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear patroy11,
Thank you very much for letting us know how you feel and giving us the chance to make everything better. We are very affected by what you experienced and we have taken drastic measures with the staff that has caused this. They have already been identified since we have detected other situations like yours. These employees involved in this misbehavior are no longer part of our institution. We value the rest and peace of our guests very much and we do not allow anyone to attempt against it. Thank you very much for your approach and we are sure everything will work out for the best. Sincerely, Monica, Hodelpa Customer Satisfaction Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I loved my stay at the resort. The hotel staff is very welcoming. The beach is large and beautiful.
The room was spacious. The food vas good and quite varied.

I would like to send my appreciation to the animation team who was always present and did a great job to convey a cheerful vacation-like atmosphere!
I was especially amazed at the talent of all the dancers. Bravo!

Special thanks to Francesca, Clifford, Chocolat and Gabriel!

As a side note, water shoes are recommended, as there are some small rocks and algae in the shallow section as you get in the water.

Best regards,
Cristna

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Cristina G
hoteleshodelpa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emotions by Hodelpa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Cristina G,
We really apreciate you taking the time to comment about your wonderful experience during your stay at Emotions by Hodelpa in Juan Dolio, we are glad to know we are doing great. We really appreciate your kind words and how you describe our amazing entertainment team. We are honored to have such a wonderful group of people who always work from their hearts. We are glad you felt comfortable in your room and loved the food and its variety. When we read comments like yours it gives us an extremely high desire to keep up the good work. We are waiting for you with arms wide open, in this your second home in the DR! Warm regards, Monica, Hodelpa management.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Where to start? We spent two weeks at this resort. Our intention was to just relax and unwind. Emotions delivered! From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were escorted to a private checkin. The checkin was very relaxing and quick. The layout is poor though. They have treats set out for guests, however it is in almost a back room and we did not feel comfortable going behind the checkin in desk, to grab a beverage or treat. We were provided with fantastic bracelets that were not the standard annoying plastic ones, but comfortable, coloured string with a coconut charm to establish our package.We purchased the Essentia ocean view package. It wasn't a perfectly clear view but still enjoyable. Also, as the balcony walls are solid concrete, the view is further obstructed when sitting down (which I usually like to do early in the morning with a coffee). However, this is my personal take and not a hotel issue. Marisol was amazing at keeping our room clean and well stocked. There were a couple of days we did not have facecloths or whatever, but I believe that was an availability issue, not housekeeping, as Marisol did whatever she could to ensure we were pleased with our room. She noticed we drank a lot of water and was amazing to ensure this stocked. The coffee shop was amazing and a very unique treat! You could order regular coffees, lattes, frappacinos, etc. with or without alcohol. Personally I enjoy coffee with cream...and the cream was "real" cream! YUM!!!! Rafien was Fantastic and after a couple of days, he remembered who I was and what I ordered....and would get it ready for me. The Oak wine bistro was a Fantastic. The house wine is included but I would recommend splurging and purchasing a bottle. They also provide you with a delicious tray of smoked meat & cheese. A nice quiet way to spend the evening, especially if you don't want watch the show and maybe enjoy some air conditioning. We liked to move around and checkout the various areas of the resort, including the Essentia Club pool, main pool and beach areas. Each had different enjoyable aspects. Though our favorite was the Essentia private beach area, due to the beautiful beach view, shaded areas and best of all it also came with the exceptional service Arianna provided us. She was friendly, personable, and prompt. As we typically skipped breakfast, we were hungry by lunch. The buffet (Ergos) was always enjoyable and the service provided by Elizabeth and Leonardo were outstanding! The a la cartes, where delicious. Having the Essentia package we were able to book the restaurants every night of our 2 week vacation if we chose. So we took advantage of this often. The service in the Mexican and Italian were hit and miss but realistically we were on vacation and in no rush. So not a big deal. The Dominican and Bigaro (which is an additional cost; but worth it) were amazing! Food was Great and service impeccable. Big shout out to Jose, who often worked at both these restaurants and did a Fantastic job. Often we would head over to the beach bar in the evenings to play Dominos. Jran Gilberto Pedro, were outstanding!!!! We had so much fun! and possible to many Vino Tintos and whiskey...but not only was their service, attention to detail great but they were Fun and friendly to chat with!
The shows were good with the Michael Jackson show, blowing all-all inclusive shows out of the water! The others we could take or leave but this one we watched both Fridays we were there, as it was that good!
We took advantage of the Santo Domingo tour which was included in our package. Highly recommended. I don't think a separately paid tour would have been better. It was outstanding. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and passionate of the history.
We also took advantage of the archery, batting cage and bicycle tour. All very fun and recommended.
My only negative on this vacation would be, that the process is not well explained. When the meeting are set up for on our first day to meet with our reps. It should be explained that for items like archery, the batting cage, bicycle tour and tennis need to booked. It should be explained where to book these. For the essentia club, beach towels are exchanged by room service in our hotel room, and finally that the entertainment sheet that is provided, be in languages other than Spanish. I have heard people complain about crossing "the road", which seriously not a lot wider than a bike road...no big deal. I have also heard of people complaining of the walking distance from their rooms to the beach or pools.... Having traveled quite a bit...and having walked all round the entire resort....the distances were not extensive. If you want closer proximity to the pool and beach, etc pay the extra or realize you are on vacation and enjoy the stroll!
Also on a side note....the cleanliness was amazing. We saw people constantly cleaning. They scrubbers out cleaning the pool loungers, the pools, picking up leaves and garbage at the beach, plates cups etc always being rounded up....
Overall its a great place to relax, have Fun, eat, drink, enjoy the beach and sun!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SybEdmonton

Thank you for choosing us We are honored we delivered and could meet your standards. We are glad you loved the coffee shop and its variety, Oak wine bistro, delicious a la carte restaurants, Ergos buffet, Essentia pool and beach areas, Michael Jackson show, Santo Domingo tour, archery, batting cage, bicycle tour and how you appreciated the extra mile given by Marisol, Rafien, Arianna, Elizabeth, Leonardo, Jose, Juan Gilberto and Pedro, we will definitely inform them and our complete staff how pleased you were with the service provided. We sincerely appreciate your comments and recommendations, as they are extremely valuable to improve our work and we will definitely take notes on your remarks. Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted to see that your stay with us was much appreciated, thank you for sharing with the travel community how much you loved your Essentia package and how every detail from your stay was satisfactory. We look forward to your return, Sincerely, Monica, Hodelpa management.