“Bitter sweet”
other travellers have booked this property
wide sandy beaches
wide sandy beaches
Place To chill out
Front view Serenity, Cabarete
Refreshing pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Claude S
Brampton, Canada
“Bitter sweet”
Reviewed 27 April 2012 for a stay in February 2012
people found this review helpful

When we arrived at the condo we found a platter of fruit and milk and coffee. A lovely gesture. We were very impressed with the size of the condo. It was very clean and spacious. We stayed in the penthouse which had lovely views of the ocean. We stayed for the month of feb. Kitchen was equipped with most of the essentials one would need to do some cooking. We soon found out that there were not many restaurants in the area. Took us 45 mins to an hour to walk along the beach to the town of Cabarete. We found the place to be some what isolated. There were too many hotels and restaurants closed in the immediate are that made Serenity feels so isolated. This place was not for us. We much preferred to be around people. The beach is very isolated in front of the condo.
OUr first three weeks were enjoyable because we had a few friends visit. We rented a car and did some driving to the restaurants and shopping for groceries. The pool area was enjoyable all be it small. Matilda and Benny were very helpful and a joy to be around.
Our last week was a bit upsetting because we had a break & enter on the ground floor and unfortunately one of the guests got shot. An unfortunate incident that shook me up for the rest of the week. I was disappointed that security was not 24hrs like it was advertised.
However, security did get beefed up after the incident but I was locked and bolted in the condo as soon as it got dark. I couldn't wait to leave. This has not put me off going back to Cabarete. Our next visit will be in the town of Cabarete amoungst many hotels with good security, restaurants in walking distance and lots of people around.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size of the apartment
Liked least: The location
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Rhode Island, USA
Reviewed 19 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

TN

Reviewed 21 October 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing