All reviews yoga temple dinner restaurant bathroom downstairs falling asleep minute taxi ride horseback riding on the beach yoga studio beautiful beach mini fridge fresh fish sound of the waves eco lodge santo domingo small hotel laid back buddha sosua
Reviewed 28 March 2017

I was here again for a second time a year later for five days for a yoga retreat that was being held here for our yoga in NYC. I would call this "glamping". Looking back on my previous review from last year which I rated as excellent, it really is more of a "very good to excellent". I would reiterate the excellence of the service and the food which was very fresh from the garden and had lots of variety for a vegetarian experience, especially. We could have opted individually for fish or chicken. The food for me made staying here the crux of the experience and the friendliness of the wait staff. Sleeping for me was the issue both times. I stayed in the Coral room the first time and the Caracol room this time. The coral room is 2 levels with the sleeping upstairs and the bathroom downstairs closer to the back of the property (possible street noise). Your own little villa. Very cute. The Caracol was a king bed all on one floor. It had a nice bathroom and a huge walk in closet. However, it was right in front of the pool and restaurant area. If you want privacy, not too private and definitely noise from the restaurant. I had sleeping issues because these are non-insulated bungalows which allow outside noise in. I think most places get around this with the ambient noise of a/c which they are not equipped with. So bring ear plugs, if this bothers you. I did have great hot water and wifi in both of these rooms which I heard from other guests, was not the same experience. On a final note, I arrived a little under duress this time because our flight from Miami never made it to Puerto Plata that night because of weather and was diverted to Santo Domingo. Long story, but the staff at Natura Cabana was easily reachable and understanding of my plight and made every effort to pick me up whatever time that would be, even in the middle of the night, if that were to happen. If this ever happens to you, the drive is 4-5 hours long on a decent highway. The pick up and drop off to the POP airport is an extra charge of $35. During my time staying at NC it was a monsoon for several days and believe it or not we did not lose any electricity because of their generators, thank goodness.

Room Tip: Both the Coral and the caracal rooms are pleasant.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank DandMRidgefield_CT
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We spent 5 nights there and it is a lovely place very peaceful during the day but noise polluted by the bar next door at night. This however would not apply to all of the cabanas. The daytime restaurant served breakfast some of the menu you have to pay extra for and there is a smell menu of 4 items that are not charged for, this we were warned about by someone who had stayed there before. Lunch menu was varied and good. The evening restaurant was very nice but not somewhere we wanted to eat at every night. The location is predominantly residential so other eating options are the Italian next to the main gated entrance which was excellent and the bar next door which did not inspire us. Taxis into Cabarerte are 15US$ each way and they do not give change!! Went there one day and enjoyed walking on the beach and lunch which was somewhat cheaper than at the hotel. Watching the kite surfers was also fun.
The beach at Cabana Natura is swimable but was quite rough for 3 days as there had been a storm out at sea. It is calmer at low tide.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Overall this is a wonderful location with friendly staff and a delicious restaurant. However, all the cabanas cost the same and they are definitely not equal. We got stuck in a cabana by the road that was attached to another cabana and we could hear EVERYTHING the other couple did from using the bathroom to sneezing. It was very unpleasant and difficult to sleep and made our overall experience unenjoyable. We felt for the cost we could have had a much better experience elsewhere. If you decide to stay here just make sure of which cabana you get before you book.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Flyingdiplomat
Reviewed 24 February 2017

My stay at Natura Cabana reinforced what you truly need for an enjoyable vacation: great ambiance, a welcoming and helpfully staff, and restful sleep. The property sits right on the beach, west of Cabarete in Perla Marina, far enough away from Cabarete to be quiet, close enough to drive into town for dinner, although we never did because the restaurant was so good. The property consists of a clusters of cabanas, spa, and two restaurants. The cabanas were all individually decorated and enchanting. (Our group had reserved three.) Ceiling fans swirled and I discovered that AC wasn't necessary. Some cabanas had kitchenettes, but ours just had a mini fridge which was just enough to keep us stocked with water and snacks. Our porch had a hammock which I and the bats found irresistible. (No worries we were never competing for it at the same time--I was only told about the bats and BTW bats are good. I had brought 'bug spray' with me and it went home with it unopened.) The room had ample plugs for our devices and we did not need any adapters. My friends took advantage of the pilates/yoga. I arranged to play golf at Playa Grande. While the winds and waves made swimming impossible except early in the morning, I found the beach exciting. One could walk the beach to the east undisturbed and rarely see another person! (Try that in Punta Cana.) My friends walked all the way to Carabete and taxi'ed back to the hotel. At night we could hear the waves breaking on the beach.

We met the owner and her daughter and quickly learned how much they care about their property. Bianca sat with us a dinner and helped us plan an excursion that we wouldn't have found on our own.

The food was fabulous. It is sad that we can't eat that way at home in the US. Any doctor would have applauded the fresh fish, vegetables, and fruit.

Don't worry about quirky infrastructure irregularities. You will learn they just don't matter.

All six of us agreed as we boarded to go home that Natura Cabana was a great find and that we would return.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Natura Cabana, set in the natural beauty of the north coast, is lovely. The people are fantastic, the setting is magnificent and the vibe is peaceful. You can do yoga, take a walk along the gorgeous beach and have arum punch while gazing at the waves. The cabanas are set in the natural beauty of the site, catching the warmth of the trade winds. i cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: You can hear the ocean from all the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends