Pole Pole Bungalows
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mafia Island
See available hotels
Kinasi Lodge(Utende)
View Hotel
Mafia Island Lodge(Mafia Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Shamba Kilole Eco Lodge(Mafia Island)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsday bedeach eveningmafia island divingchole islandseafooddive centreearly morning coffeeenjoyable stayvery special placehomemade breadmassage roomexcellent food and serviceeco luxurydifferent activitiesfree excursionlovely breezenice balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We were lucky enough to spend a week at Pole Pole. I cannot think of a better place to relax and enjoy life at the beach. The setting is gorgeous. The bungalows are great and perfectly appointed. The food is superb and a wonderful blend of African and Italian flavors. The messages in the spa… so relaxing. They also work closely with Mafia Island Diving which is a great dive shop! But the stand out here really is the people. All the staff is friendly and attentive. We really felt cared for. Finally, I can’t say enough about how great Paola is. She calmly and kindly took care of EVERYTHING. It started from our first email exchanges. It continued when we first arrived and we were welcomed with fresh young coconut cocktails. Every evening at dinner she made sure that we were having a great time and help customize the outings for the next day. She even helped arrange a special Spice Tour in Zanzibar the day after we left Pole Pole. I hope someday I will get a chance to go back to this very special place.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Our extended family spent a week at Pole Pole after being on safari for many days. It was the perfect end to a great Tanzanian adventure. Our group of 6 people took up 3 of the 7 bungalows, and they are all spacious and lovely. The verandas are private and have views of the ocean. There are even swinging day beds on the bungalow verandas that have mosquito nets if needed (they weren't!). Breezy and beautiful.

We had coffee and tea brought to us in our bungalows every morning before breakfast! The food was delicious--there was homemade bread and pasta and lots of seafood. We had Swahili meals, Italian meals, and curries as well, all were wonderful. The staff members were plentiful and attentive. They made great cocktails too. And the massages we received in the spa bungalow were top notch! All of the resort bungalows were brilliantly designed. At sunset they light the sandy paths from the sleeping bungalows to the restaurant and bar bungalows with lanterns. It is beautiful!

The coordination and personal service between Mafia Island Diving and Pole Pole resort was seamless. Each night at 7pm David came to speak to us about planning for the next day. The daily snorkeling excursions were great, and the divers in our group were thrilled with the expertise and professionalism of the dive crew.

So special! We loved every minute.

Room Tip: They are all private and have nice views. Super roomy with airflow and privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NSpc
Reviewed 27 May 2017

i hope to to visit frequently and i plan to come again i was really enjoy when i was there oh nice beach, fantastic snorkeling, i hope to come to my friend again from different countries and explain the beautiful of the Hotel and the good services do they served to me.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 27 March 2017

My husband and I spent 6 wonderful nights at Pole Pole. The food was amazing and the staff made us feel so welcome and special. We especially enjoyed the coffee delivered to our bungalow in the morning. Our bungalow was beautiful with a wonderful balcony. I had a wonderful massage and manicure -- please be sure to take advantage of these services. We did a variety of activities -- snorkeling with whale sharks, diving, snorkeling, island tour and sunset dhow ride. These were all very enjoyable. If you are going to Mafia Island I would highly recommend Pole Pole!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 27 March 2017

You will never regret coming to Pole Pole. The location is amazing. The staff takes so good care of you that you never want to leave. I can warmly recommend Pole Pole to anyone who wants a truly relaxing vacation. Go swim with the whale sharks, dive or simply relax at the balcony of your sweet bungalow. Well worth the price! I would love to come back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo