“Little pricey but good food and service”
Review of Cafe Gannet

Cafe Gannet
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Café Gannet Restaurant is Mossel Bay's seafood House. Acclaimed for local seafood specialties, ingeniously prepared. Coastal oysters, black mussels and Mossel Bay Sole are delivered daily from the harbour to make a delectable and varied a la carte menu, which includes pizza, salads, meat dishes, light lunches and Rainbow Cuisine. For a relaxing afternoon, come and enjoy a cocktail overlooking the Indian Ocean... The Cafe Gannet is a great treat, which will please the most discerning palate - very trendy, so bookings are recommended.
Reviewed 16 April 2017

One of the things that has struck me is that service on the whole is much worse than it was when I was here 11 yeats ago. Cafe Gannet bucks that trend and we got our food quicky without feeling rushed.The menu is a mix of seafood, meat and a separate sushi menu. My Indian fishcake starter an deconstructed apple crumble were very good, my burger was OK at best. The patty looked bought in and was overcooked. My wife's kingklip parcels main was excellent and huge.By UK standards it was good value but 10-20% more expensive than other SA restaurants

Reviews (1 314)

135 - 139 of 1 315 reviews

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Well located very close to Museum. Had lunch outside on a beautiful sunny day. Food was really nice. I only wanted a small amount so ordered a sushi appetizer. It was really tasty. A friend had the Calamari and that was also delicious. Lovely relaxing lunch.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I am very disappointed, my Sole was burnt which I do not expect from a restaurant rated 2de best in the entire Mosselbay!!!!

We were 4 adults and 4 kids and our final bill was about R1900.....

I do not mind spending money on good food, which is way I chose to go to the Gannet, but feel cheated when spending that amount of money and not receiving the same quality in food!

The rest of my family ordered hake a calamari, but the calamari was not much to speak of, such a small portion!!!

If this restaurant wants to maintain its high rating, I would suggest you pull up your socks!!!

Form a traveller that has been visiting Mosselbay for 17 years and this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Smart and well-located, with some interesting appetisers that the main course failed to maintain. Not too bad but nothing special either, but high prices given the pub-style food.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

A great spot for a romantic night out. Good food...pricey...but worth trying. Especially if you love good seafood