“A good set menu ”

Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Café Gannet Restaurant is Mossel Bay's seafood House. Acclaimed for local seafood specialties, ingeniously prepared. Coastal oysters, black mussels and Mossel Bay Sole are delivered daily from the harbour to make a delectable and varied a la carte menu, which includes pizza, salads, meat dishes, light lunches and Rainbow Cuisine. For a relaxing afternoon, come and enjoy a cocktail overlooking the Indian Ocean... The Cafe Gannet is a great treat, which will please the most discerning palate - very trendy, so bookings are recommended.
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We visited here as part of our Garden Route tour and we're provided with a set menu, which I was very impressed with. I started with a Chef's Seasonal Salad that was fresh and tasty, followed by a 250g fillet steak and chips with a lovely butter and cheese sauce. The steak was a little overcooked, but was very tender and the cheese sauce was superb. My dessert was an apple and caramel crumble with ice cream, that again was very nice. I would go here again.

Reviews (1 275)

140 - 144 of 1 276 reviews

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My husband and I visited this venue whilst staying in Mossel
Bay. Food was ok not fine dining but nice.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Attractive decor, friendly and efficient staff, an interesting menu.
Our sole was perfectly cooked, falling off the bone. It was served with stir fried julienne of vegetables in a sauce which complimented the delicate fish.
The wine list was varied and the prices reasonable.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

The restaurant had good range of tasty options. The service was friendly and prompt. The chicken stack was delicious.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We were all very impressed with the Restaurant and surprised when we asked the Waiter if we could share a curry (my husband and I) and he said he would ask. Normally you get a outright NO, but we were presented with 1/2 portions each, which we very much enjoyed. The gentleman who served us was also very helpful and very nice. We will definitely visit again when we are next in Mossel Bay. Thanks for a very nice lunch. We will definitely recommend your Restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant