“The Cafe Gannet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Gannet
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fish Hoek, South Africa
“The Cafe Gannet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were all very impressed with the Restaurant and surprised when we asked the Waiter if we could share a curry (my husband and I) and he said he would ask. Normally you get a outright NO, but we were presented with 1/2 portions each, which we very much enjoyed. The gentleman who served us was also very helpful and very nice. We will definitely visit again when we are next in Mossel Bay. Thanks for a very nice lunch. We will definitely recommend your Restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

• Polish first
Cape Town, South Africa
“Always Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Always a Good Experience. Regular Monthly Customer on Business and never been let down. Friendly Staff. Value for Money and the food GR8T

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

How do you please a chef... Ask Cafe Gannet... They have just the recipe, from excellent service to amazing food. They make not only my eyes, taste buds and stomach smile but it hits the soul... Every time

Visited January 2017
Calgary, Canada
“Unfortunately disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After reading all the positive reviews I was excited to eat here. Unfortunately the food was a real let down. I am a huge foodie so flavours and presentation are extremely important to me. If this is one of the top restaurants in Mossel Bay then that is frightening.

The shrimp bisque had absolutely no flavour to it, except an aftertaste of garlic which unfortunately gives me an upset stomach. I had to add whatever I could find on the table, including fresh lemon, pepper and a lot of salt (which I never add to anything!), to make it somewhat palatable.

The tuna sashimi was ok, but obviously one of those frozen preshaped pieces of pinkish tuna that non-sushi restaurants get. Not the fresh stuff you should be getting on a coastal town.

The pizza was best thing I had, but pizza dough tasted like pre-bought frozen crust. They were nice enough to let me delete and add a topping even though it said no substitutions.

On a positive note, the setting is nice, with views of the bay and the service was also good.

“What's not to like? ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A beautiful setting with outdoor seating, prompt courteous service and very good food at a reasonable price. We had the kingklip fish and grilled ostrich which were both perfectly cooked and a vanilla panna cotta with orange sauce that was excellent. The wine list is adequate with fair prices. Altogether a very enjoyable evening.