“Bad service”

Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Big Blu Venue is a Beach and Surf Cafe Style Restaurant specializing in mouthwatering seafood and local cuisine Big Blu has reincarnated itself with a little help from Mother Nature. In a word - the view is simply "spectacular"! The ambience is casual and eclectic. Big Blu is a tapas restaurant offering some traditional tapas dishes to be sampled, plus a nice twist on other dishes. Big Blu boasts with congenial staff, weekend events, tasty tapas dishes and view not available anywhere else in the Garden Route - making Big Blu well worth a visit!
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

After reading such good reviews we were keen to enjoy a great meal. Our order was taken and I asked how long it would take. 15-20 minutes they said. 2 hours later, with 4 families who had arrived arrived after us, served before us we left. The last time I looked I was not invisible. I will not go there again.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Nice relaxing place. Serves fresh grilled prawns. Friendly and helpful staff. I’d recommend the place!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Scruffy, sticky tables and floor, but good, fresh seafood and a terrific view over the rocks. Just a beach bar really, but fine for a simple lunch.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

What a special experience this was! We walked around and then found this place. The recommendations on TA were not so good, but we wanted to give it a try.
The staff is totally not interested in their guests. They look really bored. They were also eating leftovers that were sent back to the kitchen. Vere special ....
We had a salad with chicken and that was okay, but Nothing more than that.

Date of visit: February 2018
Jaco N, General Manager at Big Blu Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hi Rick v

Thank you for your review. I am afraid your review is completely off the mark. I am not sure how you ascertain the mood of the staff. We are mostly a joyful, friendly bunch here at Big Blu as previous reviews always suggest. As for eating leftovers, our staff are fully aware of the health risk of eating leftover foods returned from customers tables. It's is a big NO NO! They are allowed to order a meal from the kitchen which they place in a take away container to ensure that their food stays warm. In our trade there is very seldom time for staff to sit down and finish a meal. They are people Rick v and they do need to eat from time to time.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

My partner and myself visited Big Blu restaurant earlier today for lunch, and all I have to say is WOW! The location is stunning, the sea views are impressive, and we loved the decor. We received fast and friendly service and the food was brilliant. Their milkshakes are to die for; thick, creamy, and very flavorsome. The Food as incredible and the portion sizes were enormous. I took more than half my meal home, simply because it would be a crime to waste so much deliciousness. I highly recommend them.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank AtellR

Hi Atell R

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you had a awesome time here at Big Blu. See you soon!