“Best Ribs and cocktails in town”
Review of Cafe Havana

Cafe Havana
Ranked #24 of 127 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Well this is 1 of my favorite places as the level of service is outstanding. The food is freshly prepared and well presented. I personally love the ribs as they are soft melts like butter.

The cocktails are top notch

1  Thank sarre1020

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I've volunteered at a backpacker in Mossel Bay for three months and from the beginning I was told to recommend this restaurant to the guests. I went there once myself with a friend and I really enjoyed it. We went fairly early for dinner and it was during winter season so it was pretty empty. My friend knew the waitress so he was messing with by constantly waving her over and complaining about stuff. She stayed professional though. I had a salad with chicken strips which was really nice but I absolutely loved that yellow sauce that came with it (whatever that was made of). Unfortunately I didn't return since I didn't want to go alone and I never had anyone to go with.

1  Thank Anjaxxo
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Ok so this is really just a drinking spot. Service non existent. Wings terrible, ice cream kids didnt even finish half. Gin but no tonic etc etc. Would really not go back for second chance.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Visiting Café Havana has always been one of our holiday highlights in Mossel Bay - however, not anymore. It has been transformed into a dirty pub-like-sad-space with no service and sub-standard offerings. What on earth happened to this once loved venue and restaurant? We had to ask 3 times for a menu without any success. Once we managed to order, the drinks were really sub-standard and table disgustingly dirty. No way we'll go there ever again.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

What has happened to the Havana that I used to love? Firstly, the menu has gone all Jamaican....serious identity crisis going on here! Secondly, as a chef myself, I understand portions and weight....there is no way in hell that the tapas portion of ribs is 350grams!!! If you decide to eat there, please take a scale with! And how can they justify putting 4 measly wedges on a platter that is supposed to be for 2 people?!?!?!? You must be joking right? Havana, you will not see me again! Bad service, pathetic portions, identity crisis and a generally dirty gross atmosphere. I also can't grasp the concept of having rave music taking over my dinner ..... eeeugh....

1  Thank thehungrytraveller10