“Good for relaxing evening out ”
Review of La Scarpetta

La Scarpetta
Ranked #66 of 92 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Description: La Scarpetta offers authentic Italian cuisine in a friendly, warm relaxed atmosphere where people can enjoy a taste of Italy.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went there with 4 kids 12-17. Menu had good variety, something different. Service was slowish, but who cares when on holiday. It was personal, friendly. Good winelist. Food was great, well presented.

Will go back

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Really helpful and friendly staff. Food nice enough, but we did not think it was value for money. Carbonara pasta was good, though the oxtail in the signature dish called "oxtail ravioli" was mince(?) and tasted much more of tomatoes than of oxtail.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, very nice wines.

Unfortunately, the Italian feel was missing. There was no Italian ambience, decor was confusing and not very intriguing.

I could have bought the food at Checkers. The 'speciality' which was Oxtail Ravioli was mealy. My bread crumbled in my hands and was not edible. The chips soaked up oil and was very bitter, clearly not edible. They served us a Greek salad in an Italian restaurant. It was definitely a waste of my money.

Being a chef, the standard of food was concerning. I asked to speak to the chef - "They don't want to come out because a great Italian chef never leaves the kitchen." What a joke.

I am very concerned about the restaurant itself, if you want to stay open you need to raise your standards and actually openly receive criticism from people who actually want to improve your standards of dining and overall experience.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I have had so many nice restaurants in South Africa but this was the worst I have ever had!

The stuff is nice but that's it!! Food is horrible and not Italian at all! The wine was good!

Tyrone A, Manager at La Scarpetta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Hi Teresa
We are alarmed by your review may I ask what exactly it is that left you so unsatisfied?
Please help us to inprove any aspect of what we offer so to better meet with your exspectations by giving us some feedback.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We decided to try out the new Italian restaurant in town and were pleasantly surprised by the quaint venue and the friendly, professional service by our waiter, Tim. The menu had a wide variety of choices in pasta and pizza dishes, but there was also a section for steaks and burgers for those not into Italian foods. All at reasonable prices. Of course we went for the Italian fare and my wife had the cannelloni and I a pizza. Both dishes were excellent and we will certainly go back to try the other items on the menu.

1  Thank RiaanHuman