Somerset Stables
US$76
Betty's Guesthouse(Graaff-Reinet)
Aa'Qtansisi Guesthouse(Graaff-Reinet)
TripAdvisor
Thyme and Again B&B(Graaff-Reinet)
Karoopark Guest House(Graaff-Reinet)
  • Pool
All reviewscharming ownerquiet staylocal restaurant for dinneruseful tipshoneymoon suitewarm welcomebeautifully decorated roomsan amazing hostbeautiful antiquesguest housegreat accommodationlovely roomlovely gardenpleasure of stayingspecial touchcape townsecure parking
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Thank you Reinette for your hospitality, friendliness and suggestions.. all spot-on!
Lovely room, crispy clean and we were surrounded by creativity.. This establishment is walking distance from town and simply inspiring! We can suggest ‘Maria’s’ down the road for a good gin selection!

Room Tip: Book early
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
SomersetStables, Owner at Somerset Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you Mandy for taking the time to write a review....always nice to get feedback and to hear that your guests were happy and comfortable. Thank you so much for kindness towards me. Hope to see you again. Kind regards Reinette

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Thank you to Reinette for opening up your home to us! You have a true gem in Graaff Reinett. Beautiful rooms, stunning garden, friendly staff and breakfast was delicious. Will definitely be back! Your excellent hospitality is greatly appreciated!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Thanks for a wonderful stay. The beautiful decorated room, comfortable bed, beautiful garden and friendly, charming host make it an unforgettable stay. Enjoyable breakfast. We will definitely visit again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
SomersetStables, Owner at Somerset Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

I so enjoyed your company and welcoming you to my house...thank you for your review, it is so much appreciated....I look forward to your next stay. Have a great 2018! I love my job and meet such great people.
Be safe.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

A lovely venue. Our hostess was amazing, the room comfortable and well equipped and the breakfast wonderful. Situated in a quiet part of the town, ideal for an overnight (or longer stay). We would definitely recommend Somerset Stables.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review...you were awesome guests and I do hope that you will return soon to Somerset Stables. I wish you a great 2018! Pity the stay was so short.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

There are good guest houses. Then there are really classy guest houses.

Somerset Stables is top rated in my opinion.

When we arrived Reinette, the owner, looked me up and down and declared that, with my height (yes I am tall), she wanted to upgrade us to a better room with a larger bed. In the process I had the opportunity to look at three different rooms and I can assure you they are all exceptional, comfortable, perfect, quiet and secure. After a long and hot car trip I particularly liked the bar fridge and air-conditioning. There is good parking with a secure remote to get in and out. Reinette is a sparkling personality with a wonderful sense of care and attention to detail. There are some really interesting visual pleasures around the breakfast room and breakfast was outstanding. Somehow we lost our TV remote and struggled to find it. Eventually Reinette sent a housekeeper to assist. We still could not find it and went ahead with breakfast and then checking out. As we were about to leave, I offered to pay for the remote but then, after having searched for a long time, the housekeeper ran in saying she found the remote. Once again attention to detail. And a special tip for attention to detail - this time the staff. I can recommend Somerset Stables. Go there. It is classy.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
SomersetStables, Owner at Somerset Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Aww THANK YOU SO MUCH for your very kind and glowing review.... I still remember you being to restless about the TV remote.... you were so kind to offer to pay for a new one, and I remember the joy on Hester's face for finding it and the her pleasant and grateful surprise for you rewarding her...thank you so much for your kindness towards me with you lovely wife...I believe that you will return and it will be such a pleasure.... Thank you so much and I look forward to your next visit. Have a great and blessed XMas... Lots of love Reinette