All reviews rift valley bush dinner dirt road team building self catering the cottages nairobi city bird watching beautiful location get away home away from home food was great wild animals daniel conference fairways caddies
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The group has been very satisfied about the location, the food, the attention provided to those fasting, the conference facilities, the restaurant and more globally the service.
It is the perfect place where to stay for a training/conference in a relaxing context where people can concentrate and better develop relation and networking.
We have organized various training/conference there for that.

Some minor issues with the recently renewed rooms, the showers have to be checked to avoid floods in the bathrooms in order to avoid similar problems in the rooms presently under renovation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
GRVL_NM, Manager at Great Rift Valley Lodge & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to post the above review.
My team and I are honoured to have been your host during your recent stay at Great Rift Valley Lodge & Golf Resort.

We take great pleasure in ensuring that you get the best possible service at our resort. We have noted the improvement comments to do with our rooms and I am glad to inform you that we incorporated the suggestion to the rest of the rooms renovation work which we have recently completed.

We do also welcome you to try any of our other camps and hotels spread out among the best destinations in Kenya.

Thank you once more for your valuable comments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I have long looked forward to visiting this resort and had very high expectations. I was very disappointed with the checkin service, the room allocation was bungled, the room was not cleaned well and the phone didn't work. The staff were very clearly overwhelmed and service was still so slow. The wifi was also awful in the rooms so had to connect using my mobile phone. Definitely not going back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review post above.
We acknowledge that there are some aspects of your stay with us that did not go well.

We have taken salient steps to correct the issues pointed out. We have since reviewed some internal procedures that culminated in the room allocation issues and F&B service issues pointed out.

We hope you shall stay with us again to appreciate this, and the other continuous improvements we have since established.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Great Rift Valley lodge and Golf resort to attend a conference last year as part of my work and it was absolutely fabulous! The hotel itself is gorgeous, great food, the most beautiful of surroundings with lovely birds and wildlife. The rooms were huge and very comfortable! The conference facilities were excellent and conference catering was excellent! Would very much recommend for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review above. We are glad that we fulfilled our promise of making of delivering a wholesome, quality holiday. We are happy that you enjoyed our services and found the facility pleasant and enjoyable.

We are glad that you took time to explore the facility during your stay with us, and that they made up for some memorable experiences of the Rift Valley and its scenic attractions. We have also taken note of the staff mentioned, who went out of their way to make sure you had a pleasant stay, and we shall commend them for this.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

we were well received despite of us arriving very late,the concierge was on point thou he was given the wrong key for the wrong villa but it dint take him more than 3 minutes to rush back to the reception and bring us the correct key.have very nice longonot villas well organised which gives you a home away from home feeling.they are worth paying for.nice golf course gardens my friends played for hours they dint even want to leave,staff are friendly as whoever you meet on the way keeps on asking about your stay with them,all was well just improve on the (room phones)network other than that i will surely be back this time for a longer vacation.

Room Tip: junior suite at longonot villas,,will always be my thing
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Great Rift Valley Lodge & Golf Resort.
We also thank you for taking time to post the above review and my team and I are glad that you had a fulfilling stay with us.

We have taken note of the comment on room phone network. We shall work on improving this service.

We are committed to giving you our client the best possible service at our resort, and also welcome you to try any of our other camps and hotels spread out among the best destinations in Kenya.

Thank you once more for your valuable comments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I attended this hotel for training at a conference. It was a weeks stay. I look for a clean room, it does not have to have all the fancy things you find in the western world. My room was very clean and looked after each day. It was well furnished in African style and very functional for either the tourist or in my case business. A higher room or chalet will give great views.
The staff are very well trained and as I was up early each morning I saw the daily briefings. The staff here are perhaps some of the best I have encountered anywhere in the world. I always make a point of speaking to cleaning staff. they interacted and I don't think I have ever had cleaning staff say to me " Is there anything more I can do to make your stay with us better" exceptional. Its 12 degrees and for Kenyans its cold so the hot water bottle in the bed at night was thoughtful. The laundry service is faster than asia and that is saying something. The fresh roses in the toilets around the hotel were also a nice touch. The catering staff should also be mentioned, always polite sharp in the collection of cutlery and plates. The food may not be as varied as some hotels this is not a critic as I believe the food is locally sourced, it is of great quality and the head chef is always wandering around checking staff and customers, this is commendable. The grounds are well kept and you can spot Zebra and small antelope in the grounds or on the golf course. The pool is also well maintained. The conference centres are excellent and again the staff exceptional nothing is to much trouble. Overall this is a great place to stay with exceptional staff

Room Tip: Top floors are better, ground floors do get some noise from above from uncosederate guests
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hello Guests,
We thank you for your recent stay at the Great Rift Valley Lodge and most important for giving us your feedback. This is so important for us as we strive to achieve excellence.

We have taken note of the good comments on the service you received and on the staff who went out their way to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable.

We all look forward to hosting you again. We will appreciate if you recommend us to your Family and Friends too.

Kind Regards,