“Paradise”

Review of Rivers End Cottage

River's End Cottage in Port Mouton, NS
Relax on the deck at River's End Cottage Enjoy barbecuing on the deck at River's End Cottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Relax on the deck at River's End Cottage
Enjoy barbecuing on the deck at River's End Cottage
Chair in living room
Living room
Open concept living room, dining room and kitchen
Open concept living room and dining room
Bright, comfortable dining room
Dining room features sliding patio doors to beautiful deck
Fully equipped kitchen at River's End
Fully equipped kitchen at River's End
Bedroom downstairs features a double bed
First bedroom upstairs features a double bed
Second bedroom upstairs features a twin size bed
View from the deck on a beautiful fall day
View of Broad River from River's End Cottage
Path through woods to trestle bridge
Old trestle bridge
Old trestle bridge
Silhouettes on old trestle bridge
Summerville beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ross A
“Paradise”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

What a wonderful and memorable vacation, one that my children, my mother and I will never forget! The cottage was clean and had everything we needed. We spent the majority of our time at the beach which was just a very short walk from the cottage it was spectacular! I highly recommend Rivers End Cottage especially to young families that enjoy the beach!

Liked best: The beach-Bridge-View
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Young Children
Large groups
Shazseoul
Seoul, South Korea
“A Place of Rest, Relaxation, and Beauty”
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My husband, mother n law and three year old daughter and I spent a week at River's End and enjoyed every minute. Helen, the property manager, had everything we needed to know about the accommodation and surrounding area ready and sent in an email weeks before we arrived. A lock box code was included in the email and we entered the cottage with ease and were greeted with a very clean, well equipped, cozy, did I mention clean, accommodations.

The view of the river was just gorgeous and you can hear the waves of the ocean just in the distance. We loved hanging out on the huge front patio watching the aqua blue waters go in and out with the tide. The peaceful surroundings and lack of internet and cable, made for gorgeous nights of quiet star gazing, long conversations, and we even pulled out a 500 piece puzzle that was there along with other games, for guests to use. Upstairs in the single bed, bedroom, there was a large basket of dinosaurs, barbies, and toys that my daughter truly enjoyed. All the little things that make a place a home were included. Nova Scotia kindness at it's best.

It was a short walk to the beach. We stayed on the cottage side of the beach, worried to cross the decaying train bridge. It was amazing we basically had our own private beach. We were surprised at how cold the water could be! I didn't stop us as we had gorgeous hot days while we were there. We did get used to crossing the train bridge and by the end of the week even my 62 year old mother n law and three year old daughter were crossing it for long evening walks along Summerville Beach. The beaches in and around this area are incredible and just a short drive away. We just loved spending our days on the beach and evenings cooking up fresh seafood on the BBQ at the cottage. I would highly recommend this cottage and will most likely return again!

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The cold waters of the Atlantic
Travelling group: Extended Family
22 Aug 2016
I'm smiling reading your review. I am so pleased to hear you had a lovely vacation at Rivers End Cottage. I am also happy to hear that you did eventually cross the bridge. It is rickety looking, but not dangerous. All the best, Helen
Kirk B
Moncton
“The cottage and beach experience we were looking for.”
Reviewed 31 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My wife, 2 daughters (ages 12 and 14) and I truly enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Rivers End Cottage property. It is a quiet, beautiful location with accomodations that are modern and very clean. It had everything we needed: lovely kitchen, large deck, a BBQ, two bathrooms, quick access to the beach, etc. Summerville Beach is literally a 5-minute walk from the cottage. What a beautiful sandy (not rocky) beach it is. And the waves! Fantastic. I haven't played in the water like that since I was a teenager. As expected, the water feels cold at first, then after 2-3 minutes the body adjusts and you don't mind the temperature of the water at all. We enjoyed the selection of DVDs which we tried to settle down and watch in the evenings but ended up falling asleep from being so tired from all the day's fun and play. On and around the property we saw deer, squirrels, a variety of birds, blueberries, raspberries, etc. We created a family memory that will last a lifetime. By way of suggestion, the only thing we wished we had was a firepit. Also, crossing the trestle bridge on the way to the beach is a watch-your-step kind of adventure, which may not be for everyone but it's a quick drive to the beach where there is more than enough parking space.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to a beautiful beach.
Liked least: No firepit.
Travelling group: Teenagers
14 Sep 2015
Hi,
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself at Rivers End and that you found your inner teenager again on the beach. That is an awesome beach. I will mention your suggestion for a fire pit to the homeowners and see if they would be willing to accommodate that.
All the best,
Helen
Sandy Lane Vacation Rentals
Tammie B
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“A perfect, private hide away!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This was the perfect cottage for our 3 night adult get away. We loved the privacy of the location, the view of the river and the sound of the waves on the nearby beach during high tide. Almost completely surrounded by trees except for a fabulous view of the river in one area, Rivers End Cottage, is a wonderful place to relax and unwind. The cottage was very clean and very well stocked. Everything you could possibly need or want was provided. Owners have thought of everything and the love, they feel for this piece of paradise is obvious. When we weren't relaxing at the cottage, we were enjoying long walks on the nearby gorgeous, white sand beaches - Summerville and Carter's.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Halifax
Reviewed 6 November 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
6 Nov 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review River's End Cottage. I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself there. Good luck with your move overseas.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing