“Third Time is a Charm”

Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Jasper
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cliff House Inn and Restaurant overlooks the Arkansas Grand Canyon. We are a seasonal business open from early March through the first to second weekend in November. (It depends on the fall leaves on the trees as to when we close in November. Call for hours after the first weekend in Nov). Restaurant hours during our season are 8 am to 2:45 pm Sunday through Thursday and 8 am to 7:45 pm Friday and Saturday. We have a 5 unit motel and 3 cabins. The cabins are open year-round.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my third visit to Jasper and the Cliff House Restaurant. On the first 2 visits it was so busy and the wait was so long we left and went somewhere else. This time was an off time and we immediately were seated. Found out why the place is usually so crowded. Ordered a grilled chicken breast with greens and black eyed peas. The meal was worth coming back 3 times.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

My wife and I were on a little road trip through Ozark National Forest on our way to Eureka Springs. We were getting hungry for lunch and just happened across the Cliff House. It looked like a cozy local place so we went for it. What an amazing place. First of all, you should go just for the view, its incredible! The forest and Arkansas Grand Canyon below is breathtaking. Can't imagine how gorgeous it will look in fall foliage. The place itself is rustic/cabin motif which fits the surroundings.The food is simple but good. Sandwiches, salads, steaks, and burgers etc. I got the Rueben, it was pilled high with corned beef and was top notch. My wife got a strawberry chicken salad which was very fresh. She craved it for several days after so it must have been good, she didn't share. Service was wonderful, very friendly and attentive. There is a homey feel to the restaurant, no cloth napkins, fine china or other pretentiousness. There's a gift shop and a few cabins/rooms to rent as well if you're interested. We plan to make an excuse to go back with friends. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

The food was pretty darn good, too. This country restaurant was a real treat for a late lunch after hiking all morning near Buffalo River. The view of the Arkansas Grand Canyon is spectacular from the main dining area and back porch of the restaurant. The menu is full of enticing meals from salads, homey entrées, burgers, and sandwiches. My group tried some of each and enjoyed every bite. But we made sure to leave room for the delicious desserts - the blackberry cobbler, coconut pie and chocolate chip cookie and ice cream combination. I would come back for an overnight stay just to enjoy another meal and the view.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I picked this restaurant for my group of 5 motorcyclists based on the view. It certainly delivered that, with a wonderful view from the porch dining area of the Arkansas Grand Canyon.

The wood was better than you would expect in a tourist oriented location. I had a "gourmet burger"--the black and blue burger--and it was excellent. One of my buddies had the catfish and order the large platter and it was more than he could eat. All 5 of us were happy with our meals. The service was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We always stop whenever possible. Today we had the chicken tender salad. He uses 5 different artisan lettuces which make for an incredibly delicious bite of food. There were two hand breaded large chicken strips on top. I enjoyed being able to cut it up myself. It seemed to stay warmer longer. One of the absolute best salads ever!