“Fantastic Gem in the Ozark Mountains”

Cliff House Inn, Restaurant, and Cabins
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Jasper
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cliff House Inn and Restaurant overlooks the Arkansas Grand Canyon. We are a seasonal business open from early March through the first to second weekend in November. (It depends on the fall leaves on the trees as to when we close in November. Call for hours after the first weekend in Nov). Restaurant hours during our season are 8 am to 2:45 pm Sunday through Thursday and 8 am to 7:45 pm Friday and Saturday. We have a 5 unit motel and 3 cabins. The cabins are open year-round.
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Being from south Louisiana I have eaten my share of really great poboys. The Cliff House makes the absolute best poboys I have ever eaten. My wife orders the catfish and I order the shrimp poboy every time we eat there. The Cliff House takes their food seriously. The owners understand that you must have New Orleans style french bread for a poboy so they ship in the world famous Gambino's bread from New Orleans every week. They use Gulf of Mexico shrimp and the poboys are served with the freshest of lettuce and tomatoes.

If you have never experienced a traditional New Orleans style poboy, treat yourself to the best one you can ever eat by stopping in at the Cliff House.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal, but there wasn’t a kids menu for the little ones who won’t eat much. I also felt the prices were a little high. But, the food was amazing!

Becky M, Owner at Cliff House Inn, Restaurant, and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

So glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We do have a kids menu and I do apologize that you were not given one for your children when you dined with us.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

While on a hiking vacation in northern AR, we read a Trip Advisor review of the Cliff House and checked it out ourselves. It did not disappoint. Great view of the Arkansas Canyon, interesting decor on the walls, an attentive wait staff, friendly owner, and wonderful food all made for an excellent rating.The pies were scrumptious, but we took them to go as the meals were so large!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

After the longest ride in the pouring down rain we arrived for a one night stay. They restaurant was closed. However, the owner noticed I was very wet and cold. She offered coffee, keep the restaurant opened and her laundry room to dry our clothes. The kindness and hospitality was amazing! They opened their home to us! The views from this place are beautiful, when the fog lifted and the rain stopped! The rooms are rustic and basic. Small shower with plenty of hot water. The rooms smell a bit musty, I think it would help if they removed the carpet and just had rugs. Breakfast was hot and coffee great. My husband liked the menu just up his alley. Typical southern food. I am usually looking for some granola and yogurt (that was not available). I would stop and stay again because of the views! However, the highlight was how nice the owners are. Thank you Mike and Becky!

1  Thank sowwendy
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We were on a scenic drive in Arkansas and stopped of at the Cliff House Inn for lunch. There was a beautiful view and the food was delicious. My husband had the catfish and I had a delicious lunch of beans and cornbread. Our waitress was great also. We would definitely return if in the area again.