“The Mother of Tacos”
Review of Food Geek

Food Geek
Ranked #17 of 52 Restaurants in Heber Springs
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Mike from Sulfer Creek Outfitters recommended the Food Geek after our trip down the river, and let me tell you that the brains behind The Food Geek is one helluva flavor God. My friends each had the special (a chicken parmesan taco) and loved them. I ordered the brisket street taco and, holy hell was it amazing! The brisket was booked and flavored perfectly, and so incredibly tender. We all shared an order of their quest, and it did not disappoint. I will be back!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

What a gem for the area!! We stopped in after reading reviews. It was delicious. The ingredients were fresh and high quality. The flavor combinations in my taco were fabulous!
Service was great. Order at the counter - very nice guy, Brought food to our table.
Loved it and Will be back when we're in the area!

Laura N, Owner at Food Geek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for stopping in and we are so glad you enjoyed everything. Until next time...

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We wanted to try something different and had been told that this place was good. It absolutely is!! Don’t miss the jalapeño poppers!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I heard a good review from someone and decided to try them. I ordered two street tacos hoping that they would taste similar to the awesome ones I get from a Mexican Taco truck back in Memphis but alas, No.
First of all shouldn’t the tortillas be toasted? They seemed ‘raw’ to me. I was underwhelmed. The tacos were lacking.
I kept eating hoping that the next bite would really be a good one but no. The tacos seemed dry to me and the raw red onions seemed jarring. After, I was disappointed and still hungry (I buy two tacos in Memphis and that is a meal for me). They did have some interesting sounding taco ideas, maybe those are better. Hope so.

Laura N, Owner at Food Geek, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hello,
We are so sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant was a less pleasing than we would have hoped. While our street tacos are modeled after similar ones that we too ate off of taco trucks in Memphis when we lived there ourselves, we put our own spin on them. We smoke all of our meats in true Memphis style so the flavor is going to be a little different than traditional style. Most street tacos usually have raw onions on them. We use red onions instead of yellow and that could have made quite a difference to your taste buds. We do place the corn tortillas on the grill in twos for each order of street tacos and they are grilled on both sides. Being in twos allows them to steam one another and keeps them a little soft and tender. I'm pretty sure this process is not any different from a typical taco truck. These tacos do seem to be a little dryer than most of our tacos mostly because we don't put any sauce on them so that you can use the sauce of your choice from the table. We usually have no problems with the meat being dry and I do hope that wasn't the case. We feel very, confident that if you had tried another one of our tacos from the menu this review would have been about how outstanding and unique our tacos are. We hope that you will visit us again next time you are in town and give it another shot. Next time, let us know while you are here if you are less than satisfied. We like our customers to be happy and it's easier to do that in person rather than online. Thank you sincerely for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Was a Memphis food truck, we had the pork butt tacos, they were delicious, They smoke the pork butts on site, fresh & taste ! Great place for lunch !