Ways to Experience Hluhluwe - iMfolozi Park Wilderness Area
from US$271,93
from US$63,86
from US$84,99
More Info
All reviews self drive game reserve white rhino hilltop camp memorial gate beautiful scenery cape buffalo rolling hills hluhluwe imfolozi park early in the morning water buffalo bull elephant tar road st lucia fantastic experience wild animals warthogs
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Had the best driver, do knowledgeable about the park and animals. Went well beyond to ensure we had the best experience. Definitely would encourage the use of this company versus trying to do a do it yourself your. So many things you would not see if you were in a low car and didn't know where or when to look. It trylu was a brilliant experience!

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

This is the oldest game park in SA. We were lucky to get in for 2 game drives and a one night chalet stay. It seems that you need to book months in advance. This was a fantastic stay particularly as we were lucky to see Rhinos, Elephants and Buffalo within a few metres of our game drive truck. We also saw Zebra and Giraffe fairly close by, also buck, a Leopard Tortoise and Dung Beetle rolling it's home with Mrs attacked down the track. We only spotted a female Lion through binoculars but they are very hard to find in an enormous area which was very green due to recent rain. We did the 5-8pm and the 5-8pm drives thinking that as it would be cooler then then animals would be out more. The morning one proved the best but the evening was good too. We had booked breakfast with the room and both were lovely and bought evening meal at Hill Top resort which came with the kitchen staff providing Zulu dance entertainment which was fun. An amazing couple of days and got some amazing photos and videos using only my mobile. Quite a few took long lens cameras but I can't be bothered particularly as I do more backpacking style travel and it would weigh me down. All staff were lovely, informative and helpful. A trip I won't ever forget.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We were day visitors to the park, and in the period of our visit we got to see many of the animals the park has to offer, our next visit will definitely be a stay in.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This is a fantastic game park, the best I visited in South Africa - which is saying something given the choice on offer in this country. It has a pretty, rolling landscape and is more attractive scenery wise than Kruger. I only visited once but saw a great range of animals, including large numbers of rhinos, buffalos, giraffes, elephants, various antelopes and zebras. The density of game seems higher here than in some areas, it felt easier to come across animals and they seemed relaxed around vehicles. It's also quite a quiet park, with far fewer visitors than Kruger - which can feel like a bit of a scrum around anything interesting near the road.

There is a nice rest area with toilets and a hide overlooking a waterhole. The roads are good. I'd highly recommend a visit here as it has a nice atmosphere and there's lots to see, particularly if you're keen to see rhinos as I've never seen so many so closely or in such a small area.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank FearfulFlyer2
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

My first visit was in 2011 and it was stunning seeing many animals including wild dogs. My recent trip last week proved to be excellent. Saw 11 rhino and a rhino cub/calf 5 elephants plenty of buck, 15 giraffe, heaps of buffalo, heaps of zebra, water buck, bird life and almost saw a lion kill..... Somehow we missed it... We went in a private day with family and spent around 4 hours starting g in the north then heading south. The roads are not too bad we were in a big Toyota van 10 of us and for the most part it was a comfortable ride. One river crossing was a bit hectic as the hill had ruts and quite slippery in the wet conditions with a 2 tonne van but passable never the less. Hilltop restaurant good for a picture op but did not eat there took our own picnic food and ate at one of the lovely picnic spots.

The watering holes were a bit low and some right on top of the hills were dry as were the rivers albeit a trickle but absolutely worth the trip up from Durban if you can't get to Kruger.

Highly recommended!!!!

I'll be back to find the elusive lions

1  Thank hospitalityworkers