“Very disappointed; could barely get in the water”
Review of Playa Parguito

Playa Parguito
Reviewed 20 May 2015

We had heard that this was one of the "coolest" beaches on Margarita. And it was very pretty. However, the current was so unbelievably strong that it was exhausting (and not much fun) to be in the water for more than five minutes. A lifeguard had to blow his whistle several times for us to walk back to our area because we had been pushed too far down the beach. I'm not kidding, the current was the most intense that I've ever experienced.

The beach was very narrow, you couldn't really spend much time in the water, and that was about it. I was really excited to come here, so it was really a let-down when we got there and realized the situation. Maybe we just came on the wrong day or were in the wrong place. It would definitely be a good place for surfing. But it was a waste of a day when we should have been at El Yaque or Isla Coche.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

one of the best, clean, safe and well served beaches in the whole island
good food, excellent scenery, good for water sports , a little rough on the edges, but in general very good beach exprience as far as Margarita Island goes.

Reviewed 23 September 2014 via mobile

I came here on a Tuesday in late Sep and this beach was certainly very busy. A good place for people watching, swimming and just enjoying the beach. Felt reasonably safe.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great beach with crystal clear water, nice sand, and a lot going on. The water is warmer here than the beaches on the northern side of the island.

This beach is popular with holidaying Venezuelans though very few gringos these days from what I saw. This place would be crazily busy on the weekends and in peak season when the weather is nice.

There is decent surf at times here and this is my local friend's surfing beach of choice on the island. Water is also great for body surfing. Board hire is available and I believe lessons are offered too.

There are also a few bars on the beach that serve cheap beers (25 cents) and water (<10 cents) among other things.

This is one of the beaches on the island not to be missed in my opinion.