All reviews ham first morning comfortable rooms bus terminal yogurt the main street other guests bathroom town maps backpackers argentina clouds hike base remote
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We went there because of good reviews and recommendation from travel guide, but disappointingly the room was tiny, the walls are really so you hear all the noises. Breakfast is also small and disappointing, no fruits etc. Also, room is smelly with thick laundry smell. Bathroom is shared. Room is so tiny we couldn't put our stuff all in, also no electric sockets that work in the room for charging our phones and cameras in the phone.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
EvaNatalia, Propietario at Nothofagus Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Buen día, and my apologies for my english, I wish I could write my opinion in spanish.
Our B & B is a house, in which we offer simple rooms, only three with private bathroom and another six with shared bathroom. I guess when you reserved, you were advised that it was a room with a shared bathroom.
We never had problems with the cleaning of the bathrooms: after the general cleaning in the morning, we do two more checks in the afternoon and evening.
I do not understand your claims for electrical outlets, in each room there are at least two electrical outlets. And if you would requested it, we could offer you adapters to load more appliances.
We try to set the best possible rates, according to the service we provide and the characteristics of the locality. We do not promise any service that we do not offer, so if you compare us with a higher category hotel (and higher price!) I suppose that yes, you will be disappointed.
On the other hand, it would be nice if your comment was not anonymous.
I am sorry you have not been as comfortable as we would have liked. Thanks anyway and I hope you enjoy many more trips!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in March. Ana (the manager) could not have been more helpful.
Lovely breakfast, very clean and very conveniently located - I would thoroughly recommend Nothafagus as a great place in lovely Chalten.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to stay here and did not regret the decision. The welcome was friendly and genuine.
The rooms are not big but comfortable and there was never an issue sharing the bathrooms. The breakfast was adequate.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 8 nights and it was such a wonderful visit. Very comfortable and clean rooms and bathrooms, as well as, a friendly and helpful staff - highly recommend! The hotel is simple but has all the necessities that you would need. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The B&B is located off the main street though it's very accessible to the main facilities, bus terminal and the trail starting points. The staff gave very useful information about the town of El Chalten and the various trails in the backyard. I had an individual room (room number 2) and it had a good view of the cerros through the window. The only annoyance was the stench from the toilet bowl. Breakfast had a good spread of coffee, tea, juices, yogurt, cheese, ham, and individual servings of buns. A good B&B to put up in for some quiet rest after trail walkings.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo