“Fab Family weekend”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fab Family weekend”
Reviewed 8 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

Booked for the weekend (Friday to Monday) for 6 adults, 1 minor and a dog. Was a little apprehensive and even concerned after reading the previous 1 star review. However there was nothing to fear. Superb location with what must be the best countryside view we have ever had from a cottage. Lovely quiet secluded rural location just the way we like it. Hot tub was great although I would agree that a new cover is required but having said that we don't sit on the cover we sit in the hot tub - which was clean, lovely and hot at all times. We were lucky with the weather so I cannot comment on the heating. I walked to the collection point with the general waste on the last day. It took me 4 minutes 30 seconds (I used my stopwatch) to walk there from the cottage so either I am a lot fitter than I thought or its a lot closer than 1.5 miles away!!! In short we all agreed we had a fabulous time and I would have no concerns in booking again.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jess L
Presteigne, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay as always”
Reviewed 17 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Breathtaking views with only one dwelling in the foreground, on a clear day penyfan in the Brecon Beacons can be seen!
Lovely cottage with all the essentials for a self catering holiday. We visited the Fforest Inn between crossgates and Kington - highly recommend for food! Also visited the Elan Valley damns which are 100% a must do for anyone travelling in the direction, each visit is different. Views from hot tub were great, we had bottled water but understand you can boil the kettle to allow you to drink the water when cool.
Enclosed garden - great for the dogs to have a run around.

Butlerr-n...
Delfzijl, The Netherlands
“what a cold house both literally and figuratively speaking”
Reviewed 30 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

I already had posted a review for this cottage, but that was when this cottage was locate in Llanbister. Surprisingly the cottage relocated yo another village, while the cottage itself, including all the info remained the same. But all the feedback, including mine, which was posted as confirmed by Tripadvisor on Dec 25, 2017. So here's my review again.

What can I say about this cottage, besides the great view. Well not much. On the view I can say that in winter the views are pointless as the windows are small and in the sitting room the sofa’s are not facing the windows. For the rest there’s nothing positive around the cottages. Here’s the negatives.
The only drinking water is from the kitchen tab and only after boiling ( see photo from the owner’s welcome guide.)
The pots are pans are useless and those usable had to be cleaned first.
The temp of the boiler for the central heating is set too low, as a result the temp in the cottage could not get warmer than 18C. Only when you use the wood burner in the living room you can crank it up to max 20C. As a result all the windows in the sleeping rooms are always covered in damp causing mold in the windows frame. To address the smell of the mold in the sleeping rooms all rooms have Gel Air Freshener. We saw the first snow in November so we really could have used a warmer cottage as the temp outside was around 1-3C
In the summer you can enjoy the view from the hot tub, but in winter as the location of the hot tub is uninspiring, it’s just a kinda of garage, you don’t want to stay in it for too long. The cover of the hot tub is so old that every time you open or close the cover, leather flakes drop in the hot tub. The tub for cleaning your feet before to enter, which you have to do according to the manual, is old, broken and dirty
Cottage was dirty, it was so dirty that on the evening before we left we cleaned part of the main bathroom floor so that I shows an emoji, this to force the owner to actually clean it for the next visitor.
The location to drop your general waste is around 1.5 miles by car from the farm. When your out of luck and it rains you have to walk through 10m of mud and muck to it.
We’ve rented about 50 cottages over the years and this is the first without any welcome package at all, nothing. There were not even tablets for the dishwasher.

In short, when you come in summer, you will have a great view from the outside when sitting outside in the sun. But when you arrive outside the good weather period or in winter you out of luck, so I suggest you look for something else.

Due to its location and size of the cottage, this can be an absolute great cottage, but it currently needs an overhaul and a lot, a whole lot of TLC. I would say the owners are in it only for the money and it shows.

After our return we reported our findings, but the owner stated he won’t react to our remarks as we didn’t make these points while we were there and thus not giving him the change to react to them. But as per previous feedback's, when this cottage was still located in Llanbister, in this forum the owner will not do anything. SO why so I spend my vacation time on something pointless.

There are always points that needs some cleaning while renting a cottage, but the amount of cleaning this cottage needed tells something about this owner and his lack of interest in the cottage.
I ‘ve tried to add some photos of what we saw.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Nee.
Management Response
12 Jan 2018
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. I can see that we have spoken with you directly regarding the points raised, and these have since been addressed with the owner. Due to your experience, I can see that we have provided a gesture on this occasion.

Travellers are raving about these Llandrindod Wells hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing