Reviews (1 695)
1 695 results
All reviews signature room standard room garden lodge dining room evening entertainment entertainment team age group tribute band entertainment hall line dancing waiter service building work night break main building older people leisure facilities royale room
71 - 76 of 1 695 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The location of this hotel is amazing, with wild deer roaming the grounds and beautifully maintained grounds, plenty of parking and a sense of space! The hotel is lovely, we had signature rooms, and they were great, huge king size beds, and very comfy, towels soft and fluffy! Hotel has lots of activities, movies every night, cabaret nightly, and the food is wonderful! The staff here are so good, they were just so helpful and nothing was too much trouble!! If you have picked the cabaret upper level, it offers good views, but for those with reduced mobility or not so steady on their feet, I would recommend not choosing that location, as there are a lot of stairs, no ramps, and one person whilst we were there fell, and needed hospital attention. But the ground floor has ramps, and easy to access, and entertainment was varied and thoroughly enjoyable!

The hotel is situated in a central place, with all the sites and places of interest very easy to get to, Llanberis is a must! Do the Snowdon Railway, its a must! All in all, the place was wonderful, had a lovely 4 nights stay! Highly recommend this hotel! Try it for yourself!

1  Thank Dean T
BodelwyddanGL, Guest Liason at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you so much for such a fabulous review! It's so rewarding for all the team to read such lovely comments about the hotel and especially about the team! We count ourselves very lucky to live and work in such a beautiful area and we are so pleased you enjoyed it too!!

Guest Liaison

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My wife and I are regular visitors to Warner hotels and Bodelwyddan Castle is one of our favourite sites, especially staying in garden lodge suite 805. We stay at Warners because my wife is gluten and dairy intolerant and Warners USUALLY cater for her needs. Our visit this time followed a 5 * break with my group at Warner Alvaston. Usually Bodelwyddan give us excellent service but sadly not this time. We booked an early check in at 12 but sadly the room was not ready and the previous occupiers had left a less than complimentary note for the housekeeper and to be quite honest her poor service continued through our stay. I complained to John who apologised and dealt with the situation. The lodge suites are lovely but the bathroom in suite 805 is in need of a little TLC as I explained to Darren when we left. I move on to the restaurant, the staff were wonderful especially Jasmine and Alex. My wife tried to order gluten and dairy free dessert but was told that Warners Head office were auditing the kitchen and she was only allowed to order what was on the menu, a situation which has never happened before having visited Alvaston in April and June this year and Cricket St Thomas also in May.One night she ordered a banana split with dairy free ice cream only to be told that she could not have it when it wasn't on the menu. I complained to Tammy, the restaurant Manager but she said that her hands were tied it was company policy. If Warners Bodelwyddan continue to treat their guests this way then they will lose custom especially ours. I couldn't complain because their complaints forms weren't available as they were being modified to comply with The Data Protection Act which incidentally came into force in May, so someone in admin was a little slow getting them up to date. The rest of the holiday was enjoyable and the entertainment superb, it's just a pity that something happens to take the icing off the cake.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
BodelwyddanGL, Guest Liaison at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to add such a detailed review and awarding us a fabulous 4*. I'm thrilled that you found the team 'wonderful' and your compliments will be passed to Jasmine and Alex who will be thrilled to have had a mention on Tripadvisor. I shall be looking further into your additional comments and thank you for briningg them to our attention.

Guest Liaison on behalf of the Management team

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Really enjoyed visit to Bodelwyddan Castle hotel. We had a good bright and clean room and very comfortable beds. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and the food was good and there was plenty of choice. There was plenty of parking in front of the hotel which was good. My only criticism is that there was only wi-fi in the bar/lounge area and not in the rooms. This area was very busy and crowded in the evenings and there were few places to sit. I think the only other place with wi-fi are the chalet type accommodation.

Room Tip: I'd go for a chalet for extra privacy or a ground floor room away from reception area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank oconnor49
BodelwyddanGL, Guest Liaison at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay here and thank you for such a favourable review. Wifi should be available in all of the rooms so I shall make some enquiries and I'm sorry if it caused any inconvenience.
Thanks,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Just returned from another 7 day fantastic break at The Castle Hotel, Boddelwyddan. Standard room was superb and well serviced. Excellent food in the restaurant, superb service from Dani (Alcove table 164), always very pleasant and nothing too much trouble, service with a smile. Would deserve the employee of the year award. Entertainment was very good, a good balance between music & comedy. Great location for touring North Wales.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are plenty good enough.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Wow! Thank you so much for showing your appreciation of Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel and the team that work here, it means a lot! Dani continues to prove to be a valuable team member and we are so very lucky to have her here and I shall be sure to pass your kind comments on to her.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Our arrival to the castle was easy as they meet you on the drive in, giving you your information pack with room keys, you are told where to park and where reception and your room is. Depending on what time you arrive (early or on time) you can sort out your dining room seating and evening cabaret seating first then take your luggage to your room. If you require assistance with luggage it is offered and provided. Our standard room was more than adequate and had a small patio. The staff are always polite and helpful. The food is plentiful and good quality. Our room wasn't as clean as I would have liked but a quick trip to reception saw the room re-cleaned without any problems at all. There is always something to do but if you fancy a trip out, you can drive to most towns quite easily or there are coach trips. Just ask at reception. We enjoyed our stay and will go back. There is wheelchair access everywhere.

Room Tip: If you want a ground floor room with a patio you need to book it.
2  Thank Diane H

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely on trip advisor and in particular for the praising of the team here, it really does mean a lot when their efforts appreciated!