“Food was nice but very expensive for what is was”
Review of The Bank

The Bank
Ranked #16 of 63 Restaurants in Barmouth
Description: The Bank is a new venture for us. We have both been in the catering industry for many years and both have a passion for food and drink. What we want to achieve in this restaurant is good food served in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. We will work hard to make sure that almost everything we serve has been made on the premises, sourced from great local produce and tastes great! Thank you and look forward to seeing you Megan & Ryan
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed a relaxed evening at The Bank and ate a nice three course meal. The service was OK but we waited half an hour for our order to be taken as it was a pretty busy Friday evening. Our food was good, a mixture of fish and meat dishes, but not exceptional. I was very disappointed that my beef fillet arrived on a small bed of roasted veg (onion?) but absolutely nothing else on plate save some jus. Had I realised this at the point of ordering I definitely would have added a side of vegetables to accompany the main. However, the bill for two starters, mains, desserts and a bottle wine came to well over £100 as it was! We didn’t feel the size of each of the courses we tried represented good value for money and for that reason we would not recommend. A shame because had the main courses have been served with a small amount of a potato or vegetable accompaniment I think we would have possibly have felt differently. That’s the difference between value and feeling a little short changed. We experienced better value elsewhere in Barmouth.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place and the service was great and very friendly. Food was good so no complaints in that regard, however we felt it was a little overpriced for what it was so probably wouldn’t come back. The monkfish main was £22 for a fairly small portion of fish that came with a very small amount of veg and couscous. All tasted good though, and the ham croquettes appetiser was lovely.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Booked for a Saturday night meal’ the restaurant was busy but the service was really friendly and attentive. Good food in a nice room that had a great atmosphere. This is a couples business venture and dream and it shows by how hard they work and how important it is to them that you leave happy.
Thanks for everything

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for Sunday lunch to be greeted with a friendly, courteous and efficient welcome. The Bank offer a reasonable choice of dishes on a set menu for Sunday lunches we chose the Lamb Faggots and fish pie. I really enjoyed the faggots which came with roast potatoes and crushed peas other veg was available, my wife really enjoyed her fish pie which included salmon and prawns in a delicious sauce. For afters my wife chose the frangipan pie with lemon curd cream which was excellent while I had the rhubarb crumble which came with ice cream which was also excellent.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I would have given this place six stars if i could have ! We were blown away by the quality of the food and interesting courses on offer. The offerings are really unique and twists on some classics, starters were great (scallops and whatever I had , can’t remember due to the wine! Lol) we Can def recommend the lamb and cod mains !

But the stars of the show were the deserts, we’ve been lucky enough to scoff some great deserts around the globe but this little gem in rainy Barmouth beats them all. The homemade pecan pie and chocholate cake were so good !!! I can’t even explain how tasty the food was.

The waitress was really friendly and chatty , the restaurant was quiet (time of year) but is really cosy and well decorated. Classy feel to it

All they need to do is increase the tasty bread to four pieces from two to satisfy greedy bread snufflers like us ;-)

Whoever the chef is in the kitchen certainly knows what he/she are doing !!!! Keep up the good work and we will be back

It can’t be long before this place is well known across the country, it was that good we felt . Go check it out, I guarantee a great time

1  Thank AALowndes