“Love Pizza Tipi”

Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Pizza, Cafe/Bar, Music + Fun on the riverside of Cardigan. We serve wood-fired pizzas in our open courtyard with seating under our big Pizza Tipi and on the riverside. Check back for details of when we are open over Easter and Whitsun. We're launching our 2016 summer season with a Beerfest on 25th June. Check our website for more details. During summer holidays we're open 7 days a week from 12noon. at all other time please check our website. Wood fired pizzas and salads, coffee and cakes, licensed bar serving local beers and ciders, live music at the weekend
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Food / Service / owners are fantastic - if get there by boat you can claim a free beer ! The setting and atmosphere are so special and the real ale combine with freshly cooked pizza sitting by the Teifi is just unbeatable !!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 12 October 2018

I visited Pizza tipi with my family one afternoon at the end of summer. It was a mid week so the place wasn't busy. We just spend couple of hours on the river so we were tired and hungry. We liked a location a lot, lovely views of the river. I was happy to see a menu with just a pizza and a specialists oven which indicated a very good pizza. I was totally wrong. I was a bit surprised they did not have any kids options so we order just a standard size. 3 out of 5 pizzas we ordered were wrong even though I repeated the order to the waitress 3 times. Pizzas were as thin as a paper, loads and loads tomato sauce, you couldn't even lift a peace to your mouth, hardly any cheese. I get the idea of authentic pizza on a thin and crispy dough but it was nothing like it. We were so tired and hungry that I just could not be bothered to complain and wait for another pizza so we ate what we could, left and wont be coming back. I would recommend this place if you just want a drink and relax by the river,most definitely not for pizza!

Date of visit: August 2018
fforestchief, Public Relations Manager at fforest Pizza Tipi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

dear victorianladle

Its a mystery of the modern human condition. someone who is 'just too tired' to complain at the place, at the time, to actual people, can summon up the energy some months later to go trip adviser and leave their first and only review. I see you wont be coming back to pizzatipi. will you be coming back to the vicarious no-need-for-human-contact thrill of tripadvisor? for some, its irresistible.

yours,

fforestchief (dr.) head of armchair psychology

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I love this place. Its a unique little find with outside seating. A decked area overlooking a river/canal. We went in the summer so it was a glorious day enhancing the experience even more. There is a good choice of pizza and wonderful.array of drinks. I love it they have flavoured waters with lemon, lime and mint leaves in jugs. Amazing! There's lots of treats inc homemade choc brownies. The prices are reasonable. I was tempted by lots and could easily have spent more as all the delicious choices here are right up.my street. Somehow the ambience and outdoorsiness adds to the day or evening. There's an open fire at night and a stage for gigs & suchlike. Dogs are very welcome and families congregate and meet up...the children making the most of the open air and opportunity to hide n seek.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Fantastic experience. Sitting by the firepit with friends eating superb pizza - can't recommend it highly enough. sometimes a bit of a wait but SO worth it!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve visited the great pizza tipi several times over the last couple of years when we come to Cardigan for our holidays. The pizzas are just how we like them, thin base, good choice of toppings, nice selection of drinks at the bar. It’s lovely to sit around the fire pits to keep warm.

Date of visit: September 2018