Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$183
eDreams
PricelineUS$184
Agoda.comUS$183
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews the pub top floor loch broom harbour coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2020

We stayed for one night during our NC500 week trip and found this hotel to be the poorest quality. it was "ok" however with good points just of a lesser quality than the other establishments we stayed at.
As it turned out the total cost including dinner, drinks and breakfast as well as the room cost was the most expensive of the locations and so overall it provided the least value for money. I suspect, though, that there may be a premium in cost in Ullapool as it is a very popular place to stay.
On the plus side, the hotel is in a good location and has private parking though that isn't well sign-posted and so was hard to find.
The view from our room was excellent as it looked directly onto the bay of the loch with a wide panoramic view of Loch Broom and the Ullapool waterfront. The staff serving dinner were friendly, personable and helpful. The breakfast staff were also helpful. Dinner was enjoyable with good food but again a bit pricy. Breakfast was basic though and not as good quality and at £21.90 for 2 persons felt very overpriced.
On the negative side, the hotel is very dated and whilst the rooms on the top floor seemed reasonably modern, the rest of the hotel is not and does not appear to have any maintenance work or improvements for many years - everything seems tired.
The parking area is a further example of this with the area out the back (the primary way for guests to enter the hotel from the car park) being overgrown and neglected.
The room was ok as standard and so very basic - again, overpriced I believe but it was functional.
Covid precautions were in place though not as prevalent and stringent as we experienced elsewhere.
Check-in was pretty abrupt and left us to ourselves in the main though check-out was more personable.
I wouldn't say we won't stay here again but it is unlikely as we did experience better places in the area that we would look to book first whenever we return.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 1 September 2020

This Hotel was by far the worst in our NC500 week the service was terrible the rooms were dated to say the least, we were asked to pay for drinks in the morning to our room which we had allready paid we avoided breakfast. The one good thing was the view from the tiny bedroom window.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2020

We were recommended this place by their sister hotel where we’re staying ( Ferry Boat Inn).

Most of the menu wasn’t available, but we understood this due to the Eat Out/ Help Out supply/ demand.

The food we ended up ordering was very nice but we felt rushed out. After waiting a long time after our main course we recieved our bill..We weren’t offered desserts and when we asked for it, they weren’t accommodating and pushed to pay our bill. Disappointed with the service. We won’t be back.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

We booked the Argyll hotel due to travelling the NC500 and staying the night in Ullapool. We choose here cause the menu looked amazing and couldn’t have been more excited to eat here. On arrival the staff seemed friendly enough although the girl did seem fairly new sorry if I’m wrong but I know she was trying really hard she could maybe just do with some more training. There was confusion regarding drinks orders, one staff member said order on an app another said he could take it at the table however we got our drinks either way. When our food arrived don’t get me wrong it looked amazing but I was so wrong. I had the chicken burger which was horrendous it was like re heated chicken, soggy roll, and a “salsa” which had sweet corn in it? However I was starving so just ate it. My husband had the steak pie which was again like reheated beef and tough. Again he ate it because we hadn’t ate all day and we’re really hungry. After receiving the bill seeing the mains were incredibly overpriced at £15 each for the size of portions. Have you maybe put your prices up to make the most of the government scheme? Seems like it to me. Prices on the menu online were completely different to the prices we were charged, seems slightly cheeky and off to me. Just a shame that the food and prices ruined our experience, shame since the staff seemed so nice. I feel bad when the gentleman asked how food was but I didn’t have the heart to give my true opinion in-front of other members of the public sat near us, I know for you this is annoying as I myself work in hospitality but I didn’t realise how wrong you guys could have got the food...

Reviewed 13 August 2020 via mobile

Doing the NC500 last minute, we expected to have at least one place we stayed at not to meet our normal expectations....

Having booked the accommodation for one night and then subsequently read the reviews, we decided to brace ourselves for a stay at the Argyll Hotel....

We turned up and the welcome was second rate, not rude, but lacking in warmth! To be fair the room was clean which was a positive, but decor was dated and dark making it feel oppressive.

Word of warning, do not have any room near a main door, we were next to one and it closed with a bang every time, at times it felt like someone was coming in the room.

Follow up word of warning! Do not eat at the hotel if you want anything special, it was well below average, one of those where you can eat the food, but don’t know what you will be like the following day!

Getting any kind of rest, well I managed to get to sleep at around 02:00 due to the noise from outside spilling out from the bar! So do not have a room on the front of the hotel, problem is the view out of the back would be poor!

The hotel obviously does a good trade, but my recommendation would be to choose somewhere else if your a family or couple! The North Coast is such a beautiful place, unfortunately this is a blot on the landscape you really don’t need.

It’s a shame when Ullapool is such a beautiful place with loads of great bars and restaurants!

Stay clear.....