Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.comUS$109
Reviews (1 009)
1 009 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
25 - 30 of 1 009 reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2021

The hotel team were welcoming on arrival that’s the only good thing, when I complained about the room I was offered an alternative just as bad , I was told the hotel was tired and in need of a refurbishment, an understatement of the highest order, it needs gutting and taken out of the 19th century £100 a night!!!!!
Do not stay there!!!!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

This was the worst night sleep and worst hotel I’ve stayed in, and I’ve stayed in some questionable locations.

The hotel has a monopoly for those completing the NC500 and it served a purpose of a bed for the night. It was the worst bed, thinnest mattress and most uncomfortable nights sleep I’ve had.

The room was dated, poorly kept squeaky. The floor didn’t just squeak in one place, the whole room was squeaky. The slightest movement resulted in a hideous noise.

The bathroom was a horrible example of a dated and poorly maintained room. The non-slip mat that recommended was yellow.

The staff on the whole were fine, other than one member of staff who approached us in the bar and interrogated us about what we thought of the room (this was before we’d even slept in it). The honest and fair feedback wasn’t well received and she was very defensive and irate when she heard something she didn’t like.

Spend an extra £20 and support a local B&B.

Do not stay here.

Room tip: Don’t stay here.
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 27 July 2021

We stayed here for night due to needing work doing on our van, we’re glad to be able to get in somewhere however think we should have stayed in the van overnight on the industrial estate! The beds were comfy and the shower was ok the hotel and rooms are incredibly dated!

However for the price of the hotel I would have expected a higher standard of accommodation the most frustrating part was being awoken by the people above on the incredibly creaky floorboard they persisted with hours of walking around their room and this was very annoying also I appreciate we are on the coast but the seagulls nesting and waking up at 5am and still hearing them with the window closed was some what of an annoyance. The doors are thin so you can hear everything going on in the corridor.

Did I have a relaxed chilled sleep no but I was glad of the shower and facilities however not at all worth the money you pay!

I except that we were fortunate to get a room at so short notice but now I understand why. This is such a beautiful old building that with a bit of TLC could be something special such a shame however the staff are friendly and approachable.

Reviewed 20 July 2021

Stayed here for 1 night while touring the North Coast 500 and found the hotel absolutely fine.

It's an older building and could do with a facelift but it was clean and comfortable and I'd be happy to stay here again.

Any slight defects in the hotel were compensated for by the staff who were friendly and efficient. Not knowing what time we'd get to Ullapool we hadn't booked a table for our evening meal so had some issues finding somewhere to fit us in. The hotel staff were more than happy for us to get a takeaway and sit in the lounge to eat it. And provided plates and cutlery.

Well done.

Reviewed 17 July 2021

Booked in for 1 night before catching Ferry to Stornaway
When entering room door would not open properly as it was hitting against bed
room window was kept open by means of jamming a small shampoo bottle toilet was grubby seal around bath was black
I know it is down as a 2 star but I have stayed at a few 2 stars and this was not worth what you were being charged
one good thing was the staff were polite and helpful