All reviews honesty bar residents lounge book shop upstairs lounge quirky hotel great bookshop lovely atmosphere tea and coffee venison local ingredients mussels we've stayed comfortable room scottish highlands bookstore radio shelf
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

How many hotels have a great bookshop incorporated? This feels more like an inn than a hotel. Rooms are small (“wee” ), cozy and comfortable. Lovely guest lounge has great views, coffee service and an honor bar. No TV but nice terry robes. Dinner was good but not great. Ullapool is a great town to hang out in whilst exploring dramatic mountain scenery and sandy beaches nearby. Lots of shops, pubs, bakeries, etc.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch by chance. Lots of options on the menu for gluten free , vegan and dairy free. Friendly staff who were knowledgeable about the menu. Food and service was food. Great little book shop to browse in too

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I have eaten at the Ceilidh place many times in the past plus I have stayed there and enjoyed the experience. Last Tuesday afternoon my wife and I decided to sit at a table outside and have a coffee and cake ( we couldn't go inside as they no longer allow dogs and we had our Labrador with us.)
When the cake arrived it was stale and inedible. We did get a cash refund but for a place such as the Ceilidh Place that is not good enough...they should not be serving up stale food.
To make matters worse we were subjected to passive smoke when four women arrived and sat at the next table to us and immediately lit up. Also at the side of each table there was a large sand box covered with stinking cigarette ends.
My wife and I had rented a house two doors up from the Ceilidh Place along with my brother and sister-in-law and we were intending to eat at the restaurant two or three times during our weeks holiday. Due to our poor experience we decided to take our custom elsewhere which is much easier to do in Ullapool.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Harry K
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Two friends and I stayed here whilst on a hiking trip to Scotland in March of 2018. We stayed in the bunkhouse across the street, which was perfectly adequate, inexpensive and suited our needs. What we liked about The Ceilidh Place, however, was the open, airy and light restaurant and the fine if small bookshop on site. We spent the better part of an afternoon and evening in the two spots and had a very relaxing time of it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2018

i had heard good reports of the Ceilidh Place but had never stayed there until this May. It is a truly excellent place to stay.The situation in Ullapool is perfect, the rooms are spacious and clean, there is a pleasant lounge for residents and the restaurant served an excellent dinner and breakfast. I won't add to the superlatives but would simply say that I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends