Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2019

We couldn't have been happier with our choice of Ardlair Guest House. Originally I was a bit concerned about the lack of breakfast, but I needn't have been. The gracious host left an assortment of breakfast bars and breads, coffee, milk, and tea. We had eaten so many "heavy" breakfasts that we welcomed the continental breakfast!
As others have noted, the view was beautiful and the room had many thoughtful touches, such as binoculars and a drawer full of brochures. The bathroom was modern and the shower was great. Parking was easy, the village was a short drive or moderate walk away. Our room was quiet, private, and spacious. What more can I say? Everything was perfect.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank FrannyGP
Reviewed 8 April 2019 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Ardlair whilst completing the NC500 in April.

The Ardlair is just outside of Ullapool centre overlooking stunning scenery.

Our bedroom was amazing and really well thought out. The room was spacious with a recliner chair and foot rest, high table and stools by the window to admire the views and s lovely ensuite finished to a high spec.

The hotel was in a really peaceful location. The host provided lots of information including menus for local restaurants which was really helpful. Tea and coffee was provided and even a drop of Whisky which was enjoyed whilst reading the menus and overlooking the water.

Beautiful place! Thank you

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2019

We really enjoyed our stay at Ardlair. On arrival we were greeted by Ayesha and got offered a different room which was bigger and had an en-suite. That was really nice. The room was quite spacious with a very clean bathroom, nicely decorated. We had coffee and tea making facilities but it was the little touches that really made it, the binoculars to look out the window (the view is really nice), the little biscuits and chocolates. It is about1 mile away from the town but the taxi was inexpensive and a good and friendly service too. Ayesha gave some tips on where to eat out (although many places were closed), while Laureen, the taxi driver drove us around Ullapool to show us dining places. I would definitely recommend a stay in this lovely place and will gladly stay there again when I am back in Ullapool.

Room tip: great views and comfy bed
Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 28 November 2018

the B&B in itself was clean and welcoming. we were surprised to share a bathroom with other guests, however. i probably didn't read all the info in the description, so that's my fault, but for me....sharing a bathroom with strangers? nope. the "king room" isn't a king bed (my american overlook i guess). it's about a 5 minute drive in to town, which we didn't realize either. walls are thin and arriving at night was difficult as the address i copy and pasted in to my GPS lead us to the wrong house down the street....it was dark and i needed to use my phone flashlight to find the front door to the B&B. i don't usually leave bad reviews, and i don't think this is a bad review but info for others traveling at their leisure. waking up to the view was impressive. disappointed there was no breakfast at this "B&B" and we were charged top dollar, and i think that's what upset us the most. we spent half the cost for a nice and spacious hotel in inverness the next day. i think it's overpriced.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank lynniepinz1
Ayesha Z, Owner at Ardlair Ullapool, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2018

Dear Guest,

Once again I am sorry you felt duped staying here at Ardlair Guest House, My aim it always for my guests to have a comfortable stay in my home. I have already replied to your bad review on booking.com and am saddened that you feel the need to leave another one weeks later on here. Especially as in the comments book I noticed you wrote 'loved it'. As I said in my previous reply the private shower room for Room 2 (the room you booked) IS NOT SHARED. It states on Booking.com that this is a private bathroom and the confirmation email I sent you I also informed you of this. I am very sorry you did not notice this information. I will try and find a way to make it clearer. Also as I have said in my other response the bed in your room is a UK 5 foot king size bed. We do not advertise on booking.com as a B & B but as a guest house as we do not provide breakfast currently. This information is also on the booking confirmation email you received. I am glad you managed to find a hotel for £30 for a night in inverness. That is very good value for money. Please find below my reply I already sent you on Booking.com and by email.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us at Ardlair, as you can see from our other reviews usually our guests enjoy staying with us. I am sorry you thought the private shower room across the hall was not for private use. IT states clearly on our booking.com advertisement and also in your confirmation email that it is a private shower room for use of Room 2. The other 2 rooms are en-suite. The distance from the village to Ardlair Guest House is stated on booking.com as 1.2 miles from the village, sorry you didn't see that information be you booked. In the summer months when it is lighter here some guests enjoy the walk up or down the hill but I can understand that you didnt want to do this in the dark. Thats why make sure we have the distance marked on Booking.com. Locals have been asking for years for street lights to be provided on North Road as our children are expected to walk to school. I think in the USA your bed sizes are named differently than in the UK. Here a double is 4.6, a king is 5 and a super king is 6 feet wide. The bed you had in Room 2 is a UK 5 foot king size bed. We do have a 6 foot which we call superking size in the UK in Room 1. In the highlands at this time of year it is very dark outwith the villages which is why we have motion sensor lights outside but we shall install some extra lighting.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Just had a wonderful stay at the Ardlair in Ullapool. Facilities so clean and tidy, view from house is stunning we never met the host as they were out but if I had I would have complimented them to the highest for such a great stay. Would certainly recommend it for anyone to stay. I will stay again.

Date of stay: July 2018