All reviews fresh and home cooked warm room one night stay small hotel friday evening staff were lovely lovely hotel welcoming place piping hot place to stay feel very welcome enjoyable stay the main street first class breakfast was delicious dumfries and galloway emma
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I arrived to attend a function and was staying in the hotel for the weekend. Upon arrival the staff were friendly and showed us to our rooms. The first thought was it was an average room, a bit dated but sufficient for what we needed it for. Upon looking at it a little further we discovered that the shower was so small that my small 5ft frame could fit into but unfortunately my partner who is larger than myself could barely turn round, certainly not able to shower there, it also sounded like there was a motorbike in the room when it was on. We also had a very old toilet and being only 5ft I could barely reach the chain to flush the toilet and my sister who is shorter than myself could not reach it at all. Some things that maybe need to be changed maybe? However, after accepting this for what is was we went down for dinner and I cannot fault the food or staff at any point. The food was absolutely brilliant and the standard continued throughout the weekend. If you are looking for a bed in this area then that is what you get, but alongside that you get fantastic food and staff that make you feel very welcome in their small hotel.

Room tip: Ask for one of the recently renovated rooms where possible.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a stopover with 2 adults and 2 children. Room was wonderfully big plenty of space and everything you need. Staff went above and beyond from as soon as we checked inn. Ate on site and highly recommend as food is all fresh and home cooked. Breakfast was very good too. Catered well for my two children. Excellant customer service from the lady who lives two doors down (with the grandchildren) who made us feel so welcome. She had been working a long shift but made a huge effort to talk to us and the children. Everyone was very friendly and will be returning as near our families caravan. Thank you to all for our very lovely stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is on quite a busy road but quitens down by evening. Good welcome and shown to room, on entering the room was a little small but well decorated and clean, we did have a problem with the bedding being very creased and old and grey but this was quickly rectified by a lovely member of staff who was genuinely shocked to see it and couldnt apologise enough for the mistake. We ate in the hotel bar both night and the food was delicious, home cooked no frozen rubbish, the breakfast was delicious too and plenty of it. If staying in castle douglas this is definitely the place to stay, very dog friendly too.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Would definitely recommend the Market Inn for any party. Just celebrated my 21st (plus a few) and could fault nothing!! Soenaid, Emma and all the team made it a perfect night. Buffet was yum and just what a few vodkas needed

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2018

8 of us stayed over one night on our cycling weekend.in the planning phase the staff were exceptionally helpful, nothing too much trouble.
At arrival, bikes were safely locked away, staff were great, good humour and very attentive.
The bedrooms have recently been revamped so were spotless and done to a good standard.
Food was fine, perhaps could have been better. Very large por

Date of stay: June 2018