Wheatsheaf Inn
US$530
US$514
The Birch Hotel(Haywards Heath)
US$135
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe pubhaywards heathsunday lunchtwin bedded roomroom was basic but cleansmall tvb bkippersfull english breakfastbluebell railwaystayed for two nightsmars bar cheesecakeroast beefan evening mealbusiness tripbed linenbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My partner and I came here for Sunday lunch, we had been to other pubs in the area which were fully booked and by this point we were getting pretty hangry. On entry we were told that they were fully booked but the young lady who greeted us worked her magic and managed to squeeze us in, we were extremely grateful. She also warned us the wait for food would be longer (30 mins or so) but we were happy with this, we weren't waiting too long as it was anyway.
There is a very cosy, warm atmosphere in the pub and it would probably be quite easy to spend a good few hours here.
The starters portions were big (nachos for me and soup with lots of lovely ciabatta for the boyfriend) so bear this in mind. We didn't eat all of the starter because we wouldn't have been able to eat our mains.
The main courses were lovely too (roast beef and scampi) and its quite obvious that a lot of the food is homemade where possible. Unfortunately we didn't have room for dessert, I really wanted to try the mars bar cheesecake. Hopefully next time.
The meal came to less then we were expecting too so a good lunch all round. We would definitely come here again although next time we will book ahead.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

There is plaster missing from the walls.
No bedside electrical sockets for medical equipment so disabled staying is ill advised.
The toilet seat was over bleached and worn looking disgusting.
The hand flush on the toilet was insecure.
General decor was worn and dated
The tile grouting needs cleaning/refresh.
The bath suite could do with updating
Room Clean.
Price/rental charged was considered to high for the standars seen in maintenance.
The hotel/pub is in need of eneral maintenance and refurbishment.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean but small breakfast is good
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2018

I visited the pub as a large group of 14 people and we were all very satisfied with The Wheatsheaf Inn. The ribs are huge and very delicious. All dishes are really big and the puddings were well presented. The staff were really friendly too and it made it very easy at the end, when we could each pop up to the bar to pay separately. Excellent evening and we will be returning soon. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Disappointed doesn't come close. the room not only was unclean but there was a problem with the extractor fan in the bathroom which quite simply screeched! I turned it off and then spent all night listening to it clicking and clunking! After barely 3 hours sleep I went down to breakfast only to take a mouthful of cereal and the milk was sour. I felt sorry for the poor waitress who was clearly embarrassed about the milk and when I brought the bathroom fan issues to her attention (even sending her videos on mobile phone of the sound of the bathroom) no one bothered to come out and apologise, even though I was aware the owners were around. I had been looking for a hub to use on a monthly basis for work purposes and will learn to stick with reputable hotels such as the Best Western (which was not a lot dearer!) Shame as The Wheatsheaf had been recommended

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I was in the area for business meetings and needed some accommodation for one night. The pubs website looked good a d the price of £80 per night was within budget.

Arriving at the Wheatsheef Inn in the evening after a very long tiring day, the pub itself was very well laid out with a good choice of drinks and good food. Unfortunately, everything changed when I went to the bedroom.

As you can see from the photographs, the room was incredibly poorly maintained. There were stains on the walls whixh appeared to be a brown liquid drips. There was mold on the window frames and in the corner of the room - even the "do not disturb" sign hanging on the door handle was stained and moldy.

But nothing was quite as bad as the toilet.

The toilet seat was indescribable - see the pictures.

Basically, I would not recommend anyone stop at this location. Perhaps the other rooms are better, but the one I stayed in was not fit for paying customers.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business