“Dog and people friendly pub”
Review of Kings Arms

Kings Arms
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We visited this pub on a damp day in September. First and foremost it is a great pub. Not gastro, no sky tv, just a great old fashioned pub with a restaurant, that is very dog friendly. We ate in the bar and i had the best steak and ale pie ever. Nothing fancy just a meat filled home prepared pie. The staff are friendly as are the locals and especially the 2 chocolate labs that inhabit the bar. Can't recommend this pub highly enough.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here after a long drive to our campsite in search of feeding! We popped over to Church Stretton which is a long very mix of food and independent shops and restaurants.
We had a warm welcome and ate in the bar as we had a dog, we quickly seen and seated.
The food was good and very generous portions, the staff were friendly and helpful. Lovely atmosphere of families, locals and tourists all enjoying my s Friday night. I would highly thou recommend.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

great place to drink and eat, staff very friendly and accommodating, fitted us in even though they where really busy. Ate here twice both from the menu and the specials board, both times food hot and tasty, recommend the meat balls and proper garlic bread not the shop bought ready done.

2  Thank tomo1959
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Last night following recommendation from the farm we are staying at we ate at the Red Lion. Food was superb and service as excellent at a very reasonable price. I had Sunday dinner (turkey) which came hot, fresh and just can’t wait to try the broccoli baker again. Scampi was also really good. We are definitely visiting again when next in the area.

3  Thank peej129
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Despite having visited Church Stretton in each of the last 20 years I had never eaten in the Kings Arms until my most recent visit 2 weeks ago.
The food, drinks and service were all of excellent quality and given that the age range of my group was 12 to 83 and including my vegetarian tastes the pub met our needs perfectly. The main courses and the desserts were delicious. The only reason we didn't have starters is years of experience of eating in Shropshire and knowing just how generous the portions are with meals. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. It is a place I will certainly eat in next year when I'm back.

2  Thank erudite42