US$129
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Hope & Anchor(Alnmouth)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 31/07
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Old Granary(Alnmouth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsghost huntindian restaurantold buildingghostly experiencefew drinksfood was lovelyfull english breakfastnear futureboth morningsfeel very welcomespookygalleoncellar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

At first we were impressed by the pleasant view over the water from the balcony... then the troubles began. READ TO THE BOTTOM.

• Despite it being a quiet day, with only around 10 people in the restaurant, it took over half an hour for our food (pizzas, burgers, and fish and chips) to arrive. When the food did arrive for our party of 6, it didn’t even come all at once - there was a 20 minute gap between the first and last served.
• The food itself was worse than school dinners were. The burgers were dry and gristly, and the pizzas themselves were only pizzas by definition - they were bready, dry, and the “tomato sauce” was just tomato purée! The fish and chips were passable, but not worth the money!
• Speaking of money, it cost around £15 for a pint and a meal, which was FAR worse than say a £7 deal from my local Wetherspoons!
• Just when my friends thought it couldn’t get worse, we found GLASS IN OUR PIZZA! The shards were upwards of 1cm long and distributed beneath the toppings - almost invisible until bitten!
• Upon asking for a refund, we were given one for the individual pizza, but the staff refused to refund us for the other 5 meals (including 2 more pizzas, which we were too afraid to eat!). I was then told to “GET LOST” by the bartender, which I think is disgraceful considering the fact that one of my friends had just eaten glass, and my others were left too scared to eat their meals.

DO NOT GO HERE.
BAD FOOD
GLASS IN FOOD
EVEN WORSE SERVICE

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank James W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had been watching the football which went deep into Extra time so when we went to our pub of choice we were told they had finished serving at 9.00pm and this place would be the only one serving----this was 9.10pm.We walked in and the place was virtually empty apart from 2 couples in the "Conservatory " It had turned really foggy and as the doors were wide open we said we would go to the deserted restaurant------This should have warned us!! We ordered a lamb curry of some kind and I chose a Tandoori mixed grill with extra rice with mushroom
We waited a while and it came The Tandoori was swimming in fat !?! I've NEVER had Tandoori like that there were3 small pieces of Chicken and some stringy lamb----Also small There was no prawns-------"Oh we have ran out"and 2 small pieces of "Something" supposed to be lamb sausage My husbands lamb curry was also bathed in fat and the lamb was stringy So we were glad to leave after the server came and asked us if we had enjoyed our meal and We said no it was greasy and I said "Where was the salad??" He just looked sheepish and he agreed it was swimming in fat He said he would talk to the Chef ---- That didn't help us!!!
All in all We wish we hadn't came at all. Its the WORST!! Curry or even meal We have ever had and We go put a lot to eat.DO NOT EAT here!! I am sitting here and I know I'm going to get indigestion tonight !! They did knock 20% off Big Deal!! We are so annoyed about this meal!!

1  Thank pigpog2kids
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is most definitely the worst hotel I have ever set foot in, we were part of a 16 strong team doing a charity bike ride and had booked the schooner months in advance,
when you enter the beer garden it all looks very impressive with lovely decking and lighting.....that's where it ends, this hotel needs shut down, i will let the photos do the rest of the review and thats without the restraunt toilets being mentioned, absoloutley disgusting

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank alanjlindsay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very happy with the immaculate room, great breakfast. Host was very attentive. Fantastic beer garden. Rest of hotel need some money thrown at it, cannot fault service. Nice and peaceful location in the centre of the village.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately after my last visit to this once great 'haunted' pub, I don't see myself going back again...I used to love popping in for a pint after a good hike around the Alnmouth area however over the last couple of years it has slowly declined in both service and product. I visited again a couple of weeks ago and I'm sad to say I'd take some strong convincing to ever bother again...it's a shame as the place is known as the mist haunted inn in England so it has a unique opportunity to share your drink/dinner with a ghost, but for me, I'll be entertaining the other pubs in the town from now on.

1  Thank deepfreezevegan17