“Lovely Evening meal”

The Red Lion Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had been to the Lion a couple of nights before and joined in the quiz with 2 regulars and We actually won ----We shared a bottle of wine---Our winnings!!
We thought we would try the meals We really enjoyed them we had starters of curried parsnip soup and goats cheese and roasted vegetables with a spicy sauce
We then both had sea bass with chunky chips and mushy peas We couldn't manage a pudding But they had quite a few available Oh I forgot there were 2 fillets of sea bass I also had 2 sloe gins .while my husband had Lime and soda The staff are very welcoming and the patrons All in All a lovely traditional pub with letting rooms too!! We'll Definately be back again!!

2  Thank pigpog2kids

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The bar area has the ambience and comfort of a traditional
wood - panelled Inn where you can get bar food and a good pint : no
flat screen televisions or fruit machines or intrusive music .
The restaurant is equally as pleasant as are the staff and the service and
food is very good .

2  Thank 261Peter_James261
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate at the Red Lion on both nights while staying in Alnmouth. It’s such a busy place that you really need to book to be sure of getting a table. We hadn’t but we’re lucky enough to get a table in the bar. (Last one each time). The food was excellent on both occasions as were the drinks. It’s not the cheapest but definitely worth it. The atmosphere was buzzing.

There’s also a huge outside area ideal for warmer months which has it’s own bar area I think. Next time we’ll book to stay here too.

1  Thank Jackiee19
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always seems busy - restaurant full on 2 occasions we tried.
Sat in bar and had steak and ale pie. Also sausage and mash. As mentioned — big portions.
A little slow to deliver the food.
Friendly staff.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I popped in to Alnmouth as it was some time since i’d been there. The scenery was just as i had remembered it; beautiful views across to the North Sea.
I wanted a bit of breakfast and it was a recommendation by the guy in the Post Office that I go to The Red Lion Inn. I wasn’t disappointed.
The gent behind the bar was very chatty and friendly, as was the young lady who prepared my food. The food itself was 10/10....as was the service!!.
I would highly recommend the Red Lion Inn to everyone ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️