“Couldn't have been better!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of High Winds

High Winds Cottage
Our open plan living area The kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
High Winds Cottage
Our open plan living area
The kitchen
The lounge area
The dining area
The master bedroom
The twin room
The bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Millie M
“Couldn't have been better!”
Reviewed 18 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I think it's fair to say that when I look for a cottage to stay in for a break, I am quite fussy! This cottage was all that I dreamt it would be. Nicely tucked away and beautifully kitted out! You'll find everything that you need at the cottage, both in appliances and charm.
Cosy up by the log burner in the lounge on chilly evenings or cosy up in the kingsize bed in the huge bedroom on the top floor.
Eva, the owner was excellent with her communication via e-mail and phone.
Staithes is a small village with plenty to offer, walks along the beach and the headland gave us fabulous views out to sea. Friendly (dog friendly) pubs gave us great food too.
We took food and booze provisions with us and left our car in the car park at the top of the hill. We didn't use the car again until the day that we left to come home. A real escape!
Be sure to seek out the 8 3D paintings that are hidden in the village - we didn't want to cheat, but had to ask the locals to put us out of our misery when we couldn't find the last two!! Lol - we were wandering around the village like a couple of children on a treasure hunt!!

We had a fabulous break and only wished that we had booked for the full week. Thank you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: So many things, log burner, kingsize bed, great kitchen, the welcome pack
Liked least: That we hadn't booked for longer!
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
18 Jan 2015
I am so glad that you all had such a great time, it was an absolute pleasure to have you staying at our cottage, and I hope you will be back soon. Eva x
Pete H
Shipley, England, United Kingdom
“Cosy, quiet and well-equipped nook by the sea.”
Reviewed 23 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely stay at High Winds for our mini-moon! Eva was very kind and even left us a little something to celebrate with! Comfortable, quiet, cosy, with a very comfy double bed in the loft bedroom. The kitchen was amply equipped, and despite being billed as dog-friendly the place was immaculate and didn't smell of dogs at all, something I am sometimes concerned about. Thanks!

Your age range 25-34
25 Nov 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at High Winds, thank you for your kind words, and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon :-)
Tracey K
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely cosy cottage - warm homely feeling”
Reviewed 10 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed here for 3 nights during half term , just what was needed to re-charge my husbands battery's . Lovely refreshing walks and fabulous local pubs with entertaining locals full of story's about Staithes . The wifi was excellent for our teenage daughter and her friend who holidayed with us ( lost without Facebook !!) plus we could face time our son whom was enjoying our house alone , as phone signal was zilch ..... Over all , fantastic value for money , ideal location and a must for total relaxation ....... Cosy cosy cottage ..... We will return

Liked least: Early check out / late check in
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
13 Nov 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your time at High Winds, and that everything was to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes, Eva
yorikmum
Thornton Hough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 28 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

The cottage was everything we needed. The beds are comfortable, the bathroom better than most we have experienced and the kitchen has been well equipped for the holiday. The meals at the George Pub are welcome after a day's walking. We shall certainly be back. Great stay!

5 Nov 2014
Hi Brian, many thanks for your kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to be able to welcome you to High Winds again soon! Eva
satchel20...
manchester
“disappointing getaway”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

No actual sea view from cottage car parking not suitable for anyone with disabilities (asthmatics) not informed of parking charges untill after booking informed on day of arrival painter still there cottage equipped but cramped stayed 1 night out of 4 informed owner disappointed no offer of refund

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the scenery form top of village
Liked least: actual location of cottage no sea view very close to cottage at front and high brick wall in very small yard at back
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
22 Oct 2014
I am sorry to hear you were so disappointed with the cottage, and actually rather surprised to hear you say so, as the message you left on my phone said that the cottage was lovely! In response to your comments, we do not and never have advertised the cottage as having sea views, as that would indeed be untrue. People with disabilities do tend to do more research before going somewhere new, unfortunately you didn't mention anything to me in your enquiry, so I was unaware of your asthma. As I explained in my message the day before you were due to arrive, the painter was supposed to have finished. He was only painting the outside, and in fact I believe he wasn't there anyway while you were, due to the bad weather. Staithes is an old fishing village, so the majority of the cottages are small, I have never before received a complaint about it being cramped, and as there were just the two of you, I would have thought there was ample room. I don't really know what else to say, your comments when you left were just about your asthma and not being able to cope with the big hill.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing