“Mostly Good”

Zizzi - Market Harborough
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Walk along the high street and you will find Zizzi Italian restaurant not too far from the centre of Market Harborough. Zizzi is popular for special occasions, providing a fun and relaxed dining experience that locals love. Families are welcome at anytime and kids can make their own pizzas. With a small outdoor area in the summer, Zizzi is an ideal place in which to watch the world go by whilst enjoying a glass of your favourite tipple. The conservatory can be hired for private events on request. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I come here quite often with friends and have found that sometimes the service can be poor - perhaps due on occasion to having new members of staff serving us. There have been occasions when orders have been mixed up or wrong and managers have had to intervene to sort this out.
On the whole though the service is good and the food is very tasty and it is a reliable choice for a dinner with friends.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Returned here for the first time in nearly two years.

Why, you may ask, as I had previously rated it as average. Well, I had hoped it may have improved in the interim, and I had a few spare Tesco Clubcard tokens which needed to be used up. If it hadn't been for these, we probably would not have bothered.

Well, the starters and the mains were both very nice, but unfortunately one of the starters was very small, as was one of the mains.

For dessert, not seeing anything else that floated my boat, I just had ice cream, which was a bit lumpy at £5 for three scoops. This took around 20 minutes to arrive, and we were given an apology for this, citing the fact that the restaurant was very busy, which, to be fair, it was. Unfortunately, the ice cream spent most of this 20 minutes resting somewhere warm, so when I received it, it was no more that a couple of spoonfuls of ice cream in a milky pool. The third scoop obviously decided to stay in the fridge.

I complained about this and was given a partial reimbursement - I would have preferred some more ice cream, but didn't fancy the wait.

As ever, the prices for drinks remain extortionate. £2.50 is the cheapest price for a soft drink. £4.30 gets you 175ml of their cheapest wine, while a small bottle of Peroni is £4.25

These bottles can usually be purchased in supermarkets for around a £1. I expect a mark up in a restaurant but this is ridiculous.

I think it will be at least another two years before we return, if at all.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and attentive staff.

I tried one of the seasonal pizzas which was lovely.

Overall a pleasant evening.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We had a great night
Reception was a bit disappointing saying we were half an hour early rather than suggesting a drink at the bar,( which we had to ask was it ok...) it was suggested before we asked, that we should come back. That being said, all the service was great and the food too. So why an average rating. The welcome combined with the toilets that were absolutely disgusting took the average down. This restaurant has real potential to get it right. Checks of facilities would help as well as a deep clean.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We visited last night to use a buy a gift voucher we received for Christmas.
We ate at 5:30, it was surprisingly busy. There is free on street parking outside.
It’s a nicely decorated place and very popular so I’d recommend you book.
The food was standard Zizzi fare which is always the better than most of the other chain restaurants.
The pizza I had was really nice and fresh if lacking some topping though, I would have liked more pepperoni. The starter was ok which consisted of risotto and mozzarella balls in breadcrumbs and a tomato style dip.
My partner had bruschetta and then carbonara which were both nice and tasty. Plenty big enough too.
The deserts were also fine.
All in all a pleasant experience in a lovely little town.