“Birthday Lunch”

Ascough's Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated in the picturesque town of Market Harborough, Ascough’s offers a stylish and relaxed dining experience. Ascough’s prides itself on serving delicious contemporary dishes and producing everything on the premises from bread and biscuits to ice creams and sorbets. The reasonably set lunch and evening menus offer an excellent array of meat, fish and vegetarian options that will stretch your imagination but not the purse strings. So whether you’re planning an intimate meal for two, a friendly get together, special occasion or even a wedding breakfast, Ascough’s is the perfect venue and always look forward to welcoming you and members of your company.
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We never ever get tired of Ascough’s. The food is outstandingly delicious, the service is excellent & the atmosphere lovely. Our all time favourite place to eat. It’s a pure delight to try their changing menu every month. Love it, love it, love it.

1  Thank 548JoR
Write a ReviewReviews (1 063)

17 - 21 of 1 064 reviews

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Absolutely fantastic. Great service, good food very accommodating and relaxed atmosphere. Visited today for a birthday meal and quality was excellent.

1  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I can’t recommend this place highly enough. I have been visiting the restaurant for 11 years(two premises). I have always saved Ascoughs for special occasions as it is that good! Not because it’s expensive (its not) or posh, but it’s because it’s always a first class dining experience. When I go to Ascoughs, I don’t go to eat, I go to dine!! It’s an evening out and always a fantastic experience.
In all the 11 years they have never failed me, with service, food or hospitality.
The staff are always exceptionally well trained, professional and know everything about what they are serving which just adds to the amazing dining experience. The vegan options are to die for and made us meat eaters think twice! This is my number one restaurant in harborough and I can’t praise it enough.

1  Thank Chipdog1
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I’m going to Ascough’s tonight the 12th of September, I’ve read the reviews and have to laugh at the ONE bad one amongst dozens of GREAT ones, I think the reviewer had an agenda. This is a GREAT restaurant, the food is sublime and the service is even better, please ignore the bad review they are probably lying.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Another fabulous meal at Ascoughs. Always consistently good food, well cooked & nicely presented, you never feel that you've caught them on a bad night or it's chef's day off.
Well done to Chris & his team for a warm welcome, great service & knowledgeable staff.
Saturday night the restaurant was comfortably busy, with a friendly atmosphere & good vibe. I chose squid followed by duck both amazing dishes, my husband also happy with his choices of scallops & cod. The menu changes regularly so never time to get bored, lots of seasonal & interesting dishes, can't wait for next month!

1  Thank Liz A