“Too much trouble to cook a breakfast”
Review of Courtyard Cafe

Courtyard Cafe
Ranked #11 of 83 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: European
Description: We are a Bistro Cafe, in the lovely old and quiet side of Lyme Regis. The hub of Town Mill, still milling flour which we use for baking breads, cakes and pastry. The Courtyard Cafe offers a varied menu from light lunches to lovely quality home made specials with a fusion of flavours. Freshly ground coffee and loose leaf teas, organic soft drinks and a nice arrangement alcoholic beverages. We are family friendly and dogs are welcome. We are open all year round 7 days a week from 9.30- 4 ish apart from January when we close for a break.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely staff (usually) and food but it was just too much trouble to cook a breakfast (on the menu and the reason for going in) at 10.15am. Only one other couple in at the time but the staff just looked at each other as a full English (on the menu) was a job that no-one wanted to tackle.

No problem with the kitchen just couldn't be bothered! :)

My wife won't go back

courtyardcafelyme, Owner at Courtyard Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello, I am the owner and chef of the Courtyard Cafe. I am very sorry that you had such a negative response to your breakfast request. I have been on shift all this week and have no recollection of this incident, I am wondering when you came in for your breakfast? Please could you let me know what date you came? We serve breakfasts intill 10.45 without fail every day, however we do have a strict cut off time as the kitchen is very small and preparation time for lunches and afternoon teas are crucial. I am suprised and disappointed to have this review and will be looking into my staffs attitude. I do apologise and only hope that you do return in the future. Kind regards Owner/Chef

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A lovely little cafe, serving delicious and healthy food for both adults and children. Run by an extremely lovely lady, who allowed myself and my three children to have lunch even when I realised I didn't have my purse with me when I went to pay!!! She took the order on trust and I returned to pay her later. I was extremely grateful for her help.

Thank you for your lovely review. You are more than welcome and I do hope you come back without the stress of not having your purse! And that you are able to find dry things to do with your little children All the very best and thanks again

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent lunch of vegetable fritters with a fresh salad and delicious slaw. Service was friendly and the food arrived quickly. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Tiny place not the sandwich probably only big enough for a dozen or so but great for a sandwich and a very yummy coleslaw which seems to be the house special

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We've just got back, (on the coldest day of the year so far), from a superb lunch at the Courtyard. We had homemade chilli con carne made with red wine, Ed's delicious homemade bread and a fabulous salad and homemade chocolate tiffin with probably the best espresso in Lyme. It was all cooked with thought and care using local ingredients and served with good humour and enthusiasm.
What struck me -and I've been to several of the establishments recommended by Rick Stein -that if he were here, he would be raving about this place. It's that good. You don't need to go to the Med or Mexico, Rick.

courtyardcafelyme, Owner at Courtyard Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you so much for such a positive review, I am very glad you found this tiny little location and enjoyed the Courtyard Cafe. Please do recommend us to Rick Stein! he is one of my favourite celebrity chefs. I am glad you liked the bread too, I use the flour ground in the town mill and have been experimenting with sour dough starter, it will get better I hope, please do come and visit us again in the future. Best regards Laura, owner/chef