“Slammed door in our face”
Review of Tierra Kitchen

Tierra Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Price range: US$12 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award winning modern restaurant using the best local, seasonal and organic produce in the South West. Suitable for vegetarians and foodies alike.
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting how we have just been treated. One young lad seemed to be managing all of the minimal amount of tables they had. Plenty of free tables inside and out. Asked if we could take a seat as the blunt sign outside specified to ask before taking a seat. The lad said he would check with his colleague to see if they could fit us in!?!? So after five minutes he was still serving other people we decided to take a seat to wait for his answer. Minutes later his colleague popped his head round the door and abruptly asked if we had a booking? To which I replied no, and before I could say we were waiting on his colleague to let us know if.... he very aggressively said “we are fully booked, so yeah,no, you can’t. Bye” and shut the door. Totally gobsmacked!! People sitting near were equally as shocked and said how rude that was and kindly asked if we wanted to join their table. Sadly by that point after being spoken to like that we would not put any our money in to your pockets. The people kindly recommended the uprising along the road where we were greeted with very pleasant staff. Giving it was only 1pm in the afternoon and loads of seats free, it’s a bit bizarre they were ‘fully booked’ in the height of the summer. Also if they were ‘fully booked’ perhaps a little bit of improvement in how customers are spoken to. Basic customer service, surely? Such a shame as the food looked lovely.

2  Thank Laura M
Write a ReviewReviews (1 062)

24 - 28 of 1 062 reviews

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Every time we visit Lyme Regis we book Tierra Kitchen for lunch during our visit. Have been here a number of times over the years and always look forward to coming back. This year we chose lunch and loved the small dishes, chose seven of them for the three of us and then came back for another slice if the excellent Frittata. The desserts are to die for, I chose the Chocolate Mocha which was superb. Can't wait to come back again. Always worth coming here whether you are vegetarian or not.

1  Thank CREMM
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Tierra Kitchen is a vegetarian restaurant in a quiet street in Lyme Regis. I'm not a vegetarian however my wife is so, whilst she was enthusiastic to visit I was more cautious. My caution was not necessary.

Excellent service from the moment we walked through the door.

The dishes were clearly prepared by people who love cooking and much attention had been given to the presentation, flavours and cooking of very good ingredients.

Following my experience at Tierra Kitchen I look forward to my next visit and to exploring more vegetarian restaurants in the future. However, before we get a chance to go back I expect we'll try some of the recipes out of the Tierra Kitichen Cookbook we purchased as we left. We will be back, thank you.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Went to Tierra Kitchen because of the great reviews, and because we were having a healthy eating day. Have to say, we were blown away by the quality and taste of our meals, and the colour on the plate was outstanding. Service excellent, couldn't fault the place. Well done guys, especially the Chef!!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We've been vegan for 20yrs and over that time have seen options for eating out increase. In recent years foods become more accessible and drifted towards a multitude of fast /junk food options which are all good, and have their place. However it's often hard to find excellent food, celebrating the key ingredients with even better service. This place has both of those things in buckets!

We went for a family meal for my birthday. Enjoyed 3 courses of reasonably priced, really tasty food which was flavoursome and well balanced.

The service and atmosphere was great, we really felt like the team felt like they enjoyed what the do and took a personal approach to service. It was well paced, never feeling rushed and at the same time perfect for or slightly restless 6yo and 9yo. The suggestion of just ice cream as an alternative to the peach desert saved a meltdown!

Cannot recommend this place enough...thanks again. More veggie and vegan places needed like this :)

1  Thank Kevin F