“Lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Great place. Nice welcome and wonderful food. Had the scampi. Best I have had ever. Truly delicious. Husband had ham, eggs and chips which was more than enough. Watch out for the seagulls!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I came for a day trip on May 12 and, as it was my belated birthday celebration, opted for two crab sandwiches at a hefty £11 each. We were told we would have to wait 25 minutes because food didn't start until until 12 noon, we didn't mind and enjoyed a cup of tea in the meantime. We had a friendly chat with an older man, who appeared to be looking after "front of house."
The sandwiches appeared promptly at noon and looked impressive, well filled with crab and a generous side salad.
Unfortunately the crab had not been prepared properly, with large pieces of skin and hard shell in the mix. My daughter took a few bites but found that she couldn't go on eating. I was hungry so chewed on cautiously, nearly managing to eat half after picking out shell and skin. Finally I asked the member of staff to come over and politely explained the problem. He examined a large piece of skin that I had on the side of my plate.
His attitude changed abruptly and he whipped away our plates, no apology or alternative food was offered and he said to just pay for the tea. We felt distinctly uncomfortable, he obviously couldn't wait to get rid of us.
Fortunately, we found another sea front restaurant nearby, offering crab sandwiches at the much more reasonable price of £6.50. This time the crab was properly prepared and the situation was retrieved, otherwise our trip could have been ruined by this man's surly attitude. I feel strongly that a negative review is deserved. Potential customers beware!

1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We had a lady lunch at this establishment during the May bank holiday weekend. I had a nice fish cake with salad. Hubby had dive caught scallops.

So no complaints about the food. We hasn't we expected the 'entertainment' provided by the manager/owner. The only thing that came to mind was Basil Fawlty... The poor staff was ordered around with an iron fist, the customer shown the door if they had the nerve to sit down and only order a drink. The staff weren't allowed to take food orders until exactly 12 noon - even though we all knew what we wanted. Hilarious! I'd recommend visiting for that reason alone:-).

1  Thank ahparker
Reviewed 2 May 2018

After spending a good part of the day fossil hunting and beach combing we wandered back into town in search of a good cup of tea and a cake or two. It being a typical English spring day it was sunny enough without being exactly warm, so we wanted somewhere with indoor seating. Whilst we were only visiting for a quick snack, the specials on the chalk board did sound very appealing and the staff were setting up for dinner service seemingly expecting a good amount of diners. The cake's were home made and without fault and the tea quenched our thirst admirably. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Fish cake delicious as was crab sandwich and whitebait all served with lovely side salad. Staff were all very friendly and helpful ensuring everyone looked after very well. Good value too. Sunshine, seaside, seafood lunch at Lyme Regis can’t be bettered.