“Thumbs down”

Cobb Arms Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 84 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Cobb Arms Is No Longer Owned By Mr And Mrs Mcclements But Has New Owners As Of The 13TH Nov 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2015

I was so excited to have a great fish and chips, as I have heard that Lyme Regis has really good fish and chips. I had THE WORST fish I have ever had. The fish and the chips were incredibly oily and I couldn't even taste the fish! I gave up after about forcing myself to have half. It also took forever to get our food, we missed the ghost tour because of this.

2  Thank 896camillag

Reviewed 21 June 2015

My nephew took me to this restaurant on a busy Saturday but there was still room for two of us. The food specialises in fish but you can have other meat or veggie choices. It also specialises in gluten free dishes which is a bonus in a popular holiday destination. The atmosphere was cheerful and lively but not rowdy. The food was absolutely delicious. I had John dory fillets with wild mushrooms and crushed new potatoes and my nephew had a veggie halloumi and mushroom burger. I have wanted to try this restaurant for a while and it is definitely on my go to list now. Brilliant!
Also dog friendly.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

We came across this pub on our first night on holiday, it looked pretty average and we were expecting average pub grub - how wrong we were!!! The seafood was absolutely out of this world and extremely good value, so we ended up eating here another 3 times!!!!! The childrens menu is very extensive and my son loved the pasta and garlic bread. I can highly recommend the seafood platter and the lobster. Just shows you shouldn't judge a book by its cover!!!

1  Thank paulalouiselee
Reviewed 20 June 2015

We only decided to eat here as one of our group is gluten free and the outside boards said gluten free options available, however we were pleased we did.
I had fish pie and it came accompanied by new potatoes, green beans, carrots and red cabbage. The portions were large with plenty of fish in the pie and the veg was a pleasant surprise from the usual pub offering of peas.
My companions were pleased with their meals, with a generous portion of lovely chips.
I think the pricing was fair for a pub in such a prominent position.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

It's not a restaurant it's a pub & that's what it does very well.
Find a table, choose from the large menu or many specials boards, go to the bar and order.
The meals are good & hearty made from good ingredients.
Prices are average (for Lyme).