“The best boozer...”

The Volunteer Inn
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Volunteer Inn is a family-run, seventeenth century pub located in the heart of Lyme Regis in Dorset. One of the only remaining pubs on the high street, The Volunteer sells a range of local ales and ciders and has been a regular in the Good Beer Guide and a CAMRA member for over a decade. Although famous for it's ales, the Volunteer serves excellent food offering a daily changing menu. Please visit our website for more information.
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The best boozer in Lyme...really friendly customers and great beer...always head there for a pint of six when in Lyme.

3  Thank JasAmanda

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We only popped in for a quiet pint away from the more busy parts of Lyme Regis, we weren’t disappointed. Good beer and friendly staff. Next time we’ll order food as the menu sounded great. Would recommend and we’ll visit again if we’re in the area.

3  Thank Ali W
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Having 6 of us and 1 dog, we pre booked our table for a Sunday lunch but found ourselves arriving 40 mins early, the staff were so accommodating and friendly and managed to squeeze us in early right next to the fire which was a bonus. 5 of us had different roasts and I had the chowder, which was delicious and very filling with huge pieces of fish and seafood in, every plate was cleared of food and we cant wait to return for our next meal. Wonderful atmosphere and great staff topped with delicious food and very reasonable prices.

2  Thank MrAKellett
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

What a fabulous evening.
I’ve eaten twice in this pub in the last year and both times the food has been amazing. Last night the seafood chowder was sublime ! It’s a fantastic pub with great service and the food is extremely good. I’d recommend booking as it’s a small pub and very busy.

2  Thank Nikkicancan
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic pub. Friendly staff, delicious food great atmosphere. This is my fifth time in Lyme Regis, and I think the first time to this pub. My other half tells me I was here 10 years ago for a drink but I don't recall that. Unfortunately, this is the second night of a 2 day holiday so I'm not going to have an immediate opportunity to have more delicious food. Will definitely be returning.

2  Thank raida1